Thyroid Disease Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm a 58 year old male who had some blood work done last week because I've been feeling miserable for years. I had long felt that the culprit was my testosterone, or my thyroid, or both. It turns out that my abysmal testosterone level of 239 may be to blame. But just to cover my bases, I thought I'd post the thyroid numbers here to maybe hear from the experts if there might anything unusual:

Free T4 1.45 ng/dL (0.82 - 1.77)

Free T3 3.8 pg/mL (2.0 - 4.4)

TSH 1.960 ulU/mL (0.450 - 4.50)

Everything else besides my total testosterone comes back as pretty much middle of the road and unremarkable. Besides the usual fatigue, weight gain and loss of endurance and muscle mass, I've also been dealing with a dumpy mood and a sort of nagging anxiety. Could these thyroid numbers actually be a little too high? Any replies are appreciated!

- Cris

·
Super Moderator
6,606 Posts
Thyroid levels look pretty decent.

You might consider checking into Vitamin D and B-12 levels. Yes - your testosterone is quite low.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lovlkn, they checked those too.

Vit D 25 Hydroxy = 53.2 ng/mL (30 - 100)

Vitamin B12 = 474 pg/mL (232 - 1245)

Not sure if those two are considered low or not, but at least they're not scraping the bottom of the barrel like my T. A buddy who does TRT said I should consider also giving myself B12 injections if I decide to self-administer my testosterone. Is it really low enough to bother with that?

- Cris

·
161 Posts
Looks like you need the B12. If you don't want to do injections, I suggest using methylcobalamin sublingual tablet. It goes directly into bloodstream instead of being metabolized by liver.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Your testosterone numbers are likely 100% responsible for how you feel. My husband is on TRT and he felt the same way until that issue was addressed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts