Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been taking thyroid medication since 1985 due to cancer and the removal of my thyroid.

The last 10 years I have had a terrible time sleeping at night. Most days I would be lucky to get

3-4 hours sleep. About 5 days ago I started taking my meds before I went to bed instead of

first thing in the morning. The last 5 nights I have slept all night and if I did wake up, I was

able to fall right back to sleep. My sister has had the same problem with sleeping as I have over

the years and she also is on Thyroid meds. She changed to taking her pill before bedtime also and has had

the same results I did.

Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with sleeping and have changed to evenings to take

their meds?

·
Premium Member
19,367 Posts
Welcome to the board! While I've not ever had that situation, I can comment that everyone has a different circadian cycle and that may be coming into play.

·
Super Moderator
6,653 Posts
I take my unithroid in the iddle of the night when I wask up - as I wake at least once and often more I also began taking my 1st Cytomel dose a few hours after my Uni.

Tonight I am going to try taking mu Unithroid before I go to bed and see if I have the same luck.

For me- this is an attempt to avoid the calcium I am suppose to be taking 3x a day - I've about cut out my Lunch calcium pill to avoid interactions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.