Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My body gets the chills, feet really cold, body temperature in afternoon 97.8, in the morning around 97.2. Which is better than it was a month ago, haven't seen 96 degrees for a few weeks.

Does the medicine ever really get our body temps back to normal?

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
I am not nearly as cold as I used to be. I used to be painfully freezing in most places (especially indoors during the summer), but now I'm often on the comfortable side of things; sometimes borderline chilly, but nothing close to the "freezing" I used to be.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was outside for a few minutes today it was 33 degrees and after about 10 mins doing a few chores my fingers were pins and needles :(

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sounds like you're really hypo. Yes, our body temp is supposed to get up to 98 when our thyroid is stabilized, but I'm sure there is an exception to every rule. I'm always around 97.2 but don't feel chilled.

·
Super Gold Veteran
1,666 Posts
Does the medicine ever really get our body temps back to normal?
A resounding yes. And if it doesn't get it quite all the way to a 'perfect' 98.6 degrees F (which varies by person anyways), it will help get it pretty darn close. I agree, sounds like you are still on the hypo side of things. Just try to keep in mind that you've made recent changes over the last couple of months that are likely trying to fix *years* of hormone problems in your body. It is going to take some time, but every day should be an incremental improvement, whether you feel it or not.

But I do have to add, if I was outside in 33 degree weather doing chores, I'd be cold, too! :p (But I know what you're saying, your tolerance for cold temps. is still bad.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.