Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drink a cup every day to get going. Before my coffee I'm pretty wiped out from a long night's sleep and not moving. But I keep it to one cup, in my working life, it was 2 cups but don't anymore. Water the rest of the day.

For me, it gets me going, helps with pain and until I get that cup in my, I'm not very good.

I have been doing a bullet drink for some time now, a small amount of coconut oil and then a little stevia and some coconut creamer.

Good benefits in this link:

https://www.iherb.com/blog/coffee-s-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Here is a good link from Johns Hopkins too:

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...s-good-for-you

As always do your research.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I seem to have some sort of IBS and can't have any coffee. I have anxiety so I avoid caffeinated. But even decaf does a number on my stomach. But for those that can tolerate it I think it's fine.

I do miss it, but everytime I try to reintroduce it I have issues.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could have some kind of IBS issue going on and everything has a "name" today. I lean more toward constipation and have most of my life, and now I love to have a Loose clean out. I work on that backed up stuff with aloe vera and stool softeners, and avoid a lot of Meat.

Have you gotten into the anxiety issue.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I think the anxiety was mostly thyroid related. It's pretty good now that my levels are good. But I still have a bit of it under the surface. If I have too much or too little thyroid hormone the anxiety was pretty strong. I had some PTSD which I addressed which may have contributed to things. I know the PTSD accelerated my hashimotos and addressing it was important. That being said, I believe I have had hashimotos since I was much younger. At the least 20 (44 now) and probably before that.

My opinion is the most important thing is getting the thyroid levels where they need to be. That's the cause of most issues. I've worked on the hashimotos side of things hoping that has helped. I know it's not something doctors address or think can be addressed, but I do believe that's been a helpful part of my recovery. My TPO antibodies were over 1900 when I was diagnosed. After taking fairly drastic steps 2 months later they were 221. Last check they were 89. That amount of reduction that quickly is not common from my research. However, it could also mean my thyroid was completely destroyed. Though I don't think that's the case. But I do think it is fairly destroyed based on my dose.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The EFF - Tapping could help you with the PTSD issue, I posted about it here today or yesterday. It can help a lot of anxiety issues, etc.....Bipolar, depression etc...

This is so simple and could really Help. No harm, no costs, just 10 minutes or so a day or twice a day.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I think that's why I was looking into it. PTSD. I went to therapy for that and it helped quite a bit. Seems to be gone luckily.

·
Super Moderator
6,620 Posts
Love my morning cup of coffee. One cup and like you - water for remainder of day, until cocktail hour ;-)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh I even stopped alcohol all together. Did my share in my earlier years but now I don't want it. I get my wine via Grape Seed Extract, for over 25 yrs now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts