Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I’m 8 years post total thyroidectomy and I’ve blown through 5 doctors. None of them will listen to me about my horrible symptoms and I’ve gained 60lbs in 7 years and have struggled with depression and crushing fatigue. But you all know what I mean so I’m sure I don’t need to explain more than that! Haha

Does anyone from Cincinnati, OH have a doctor recommendation? I’m looking for someone who will look past my numbers and let me try a higher dose of meds to see if I can get back to normal.

Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
So many people are afraid to experiment scientifically. I don't know that another doctor is going to be the answer. Don't be afraid to go by feel. Just remember to use the scientific method and make only one modest and specific change at a time, document the change, and go for a period of time that you feel appropriate.

I suffered for decades. Finally "I" found the solution, and while I'm not 100%, I'm a whole bunch better than before and I'm back to being a functional human being. Whether I can shed excess weight or not is another question.

In my opinion: When one's metabolism is controlled by a pill, shedding weight requires prolonged fasting. Eating a little less simply results in lower energy, not weight loss.

NOTE: I take T3 only, 6x per day. No more synthroid, no more Armour, etc. Many of my symptoms resolved the day I made this change, within 2 weeks I was able to exercise again, and within a few months, I was able to fast without absurd low blood sugar episodes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts