Thyroid Disease Forum banner

Does the Food You Eat Nourish You?

662 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  puritanize 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

In the quest to heal my thyroid naturally, I first had to ask myself, does the food I eat nourish my body? Although the foods I eat are typically local, free range meats and of course organic, what were my stumbling blocks and were those foods really worth me not healing properly? NO they were not!

It's amazing how attracted we are to foods that are bad for us. Many of us have issues giving up various foods like wheat, sugar, coffee, cereal and so on. When you have thyroid issues, in all cases your body is telling you something is wrong. We can get into what may be bad and good all day long. We also know what these foods do to our body and our thyroid scientifically. Let's face it, most of us know.

But we seem to have blinders on when it comes to doing what we already know, and food is that road block most seem to never be able to get past. We often reach for medications and other treatments rather than looking into our own issues with food.

Does food have a hold on you? My biggest stumbling block was sugar. And we're not talking refined sugar; we're talking organic dried mangoes, organic coconut sugar and organic maple syrup. No matter how organic or pure it was, it's still sugar and my thyroid was none too happy. Once I finally cut this last remaining hurdle from my diet, my weight dropped, my health improved and I am mending like never before. So let me ask, does food have a hold on you? Is what you're eating really worth it?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.