Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing this work, it's actually pleasure for some years. I saw a guru once on tv and went from there. I learned all I do from Brad Yates videos. Here is just one.

I do it every morning with my stretching routine and gets me going for the day and I believe it's helped make my life smoother...going to be 83 soon and live with damage from OA and joint replacement damage to my body.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I've been a bit scared to try that. I can't remember why but I decided not to. Does it help with anxiety and such?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't imagine being scared, it is all natural our own tapping with fingers on parts of our body. Yes, it is said to address anxiety etc. It keeps my day on an even balance, I can handle just about anything.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I must have read something about it back then that had some caution...but it seems like it should be fine just checking out articles on it now. I'm big into meditation, though I've not been doing any of it lately. But meditation got me through some tough times with this disease.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Personally I think it's a good thing to NOT label things we deal with as disease. Feeds our brains the negative signals.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I had a lot of negative signals back then...warm baths and meditation were the key. Luckily I had a very supportive wife and workplace. Otherwise I'm not sure I would have made it through. So strange. I'm guessing it was slowly progressing (hashimotos and hypothyroidism)...but after that PTSD I think it went into overdrive. So I had to find the root causes. I think PTSD was one thing. And diet was another thing. Deficiencies were a problem...Vitamin D, Iron, etc. And it took me a long time to get on the right dose. Went through quite a few Endos and PCPs. But doing pretty well now. Still not 100 percent, but probably 85%. Shortly after diagnosis I would say I was 40% at best. Still, I feel fairly proud of myself getting me to 85%. Just need to clean up a few things like more exercise, meditation, etc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a lot of negative signals back then...warm baths and meditation were the key. Luckily I had a very supportive wife and workplace. Otherwise I'm not sure I would have made it through. So strange. I'm guessing it was slowly progressing (hashimotos and hypothyroidism)...but after that PTSD I think it went into overdrive. So I had to find the root causes. I think PTSD was one thing. And diet was another thing. Deficiencies were a problem...Vitamin D, Iron, etc. And it took me a long time to get on the right dose. Went through quite a few Endos and PCPs. But doing pretty well now. Still not 100 percent, but probably 85%. Shortly after diagnosis I would say I was 40% at best. Still, I feel fairly proud of myself getting me to 85%. Just need to clean up a few things like more exercise, meditation, etc.
I went 10 ugly years in a clinical depression and went to probably 5-6 endos and MD's and no help, kept doing labs and tell me my labs are good......finally talked to my D.O. who I had for my back issues for years, sad I didn't think of talking to him before, and he knew right away it was thyroid, called CVS, no labs nadda and ordered Armour and 10 yrs of depression lifted. Talk about a miracle and a lot of wasted years with the bunch of docs, but boy did they know how to dowel out the anti depressant drugs...which did NOTHING.

We are NOT labs, we are Symptoms, and that's how the old time docs worked with patients.....try a trial of armour and go from there. I have wised up from the MD world so so much.

·
Super Moderator
6,646 Posts
Had a session of tapping with my massage therapist - it was a wonderful release of issues and feelings related to dealing with care of an elderly family member. I still reflect back on and meditate on what we tapped about.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know that I really tap about anything specific, but I have mantras about good health etc. So for me it's just something I do every morning and it's my day I believe off to a smoother place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts