Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told recently I have hyperthyroidism which has really caused me to have anxiety and panic. I don't get to see a endo till the 12th and haven't been given any medication yet. I constantly feel worried, my arms feel tingly and weak as well as my legs. My face feels numb. I have insomnia and feel hot all the time.

I am worried because I don't know what is causing my hyperthyroidism. I want to start medicine so I can feel normal again sooner.

What can I do to not worry about this maybe being cancer or a brain tumor? Any help please.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi! I read through your three posts to see if I might be able to help. I’ve had hyperthyroidism from medication issues, it isn’t easy and I’m so sorry your going through this. I generally rely on free T4 and free T3 labs, as those are the thyroid hormone levels themselves. i believe there are medications that can be given to help reduce thyroid hormone.

What is making someone believe you are hyper, your TSH labs? Not sure if there’s any way to get the FT4 and FT3 labs so you can see those numbers, is there? My adrenals usually kick in when I’m hypo, but everyone is different.

ive been doing a lot of research lately and can’t speak to effectiveness, but I think I saw something recently that mentioned a certain kind of milk thistle herb being good for calming down thyroid hormone. Not knowing if this is true or not, and also not knowing your actual levels, I’m not sure this is something to pursue but I thought I’d mention it in case you wanted to look into it.

I really feel for you and the challenging symptoms you are dealing with. Thyroid stuff is very complex and can create a lot of issues. I hope you can find some answers soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. My primary doctor said I was hyper and was going to put me on medication then decided to refer me to an endo instead. I only know my tsh and t3(posted them in the other section) total because I went to the urgent care and had them do my blood again plus vitamin levels since my primary refused to.

I found out I have low vitamin d and low iron so am going to supplement with those. I think after I find out what the endo says I will look into natural things that might help, like the milk thistle.

When I see the endo I will ask them for the lab numbers then I will post them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts