Thyroid Disease Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
66 Posts
I just cure typhoid, I was taking fluoroquinolones such as ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin and ofloxacin, my hamstrings and legs were feeling weak, I spent two months on antibiotics, it was a horrible experience. Typhoid fever increases levels of TBG, that made me very hypothyroid. Fortunately my legs and tendons back to normal, but I'll never take quinolones!. During treatment with antibiotics I was taking magnesium chloride to prevent damage to the tendons.

·
Veteran Member
139 Posts
My Doctor told me to run...not walk...if anyone tried to prescribe me quinolones. He said the major problem is they have a tendency to cause tendon deterioration and cause rupture. I've ruptured my Achilles tendon twice and it's thready again.

·
Premium Member
19,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
miguel said:
I just cure typhoid, I was taking fluoroquinolones such as ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin and ofloxacin, my hamstrings and legs were feeling weak, I spent two months on antibiotics, it was a horrible experience. Typhoid fever increases levels of TBG, that made me very hypothyroid. Fortunately my legs and tendons back to normal, but I'll never take quinolones!. During treatment with antibiotics I was taking magnesium chloride to prevent damage to the tendons.
Get you some CoQ10 and start taking it immediately. ASAP. At least 200 mgs. per day.

I wondered what happened to you. OMG!!! You were soooooooooooooo sick; were you not? Are you lucky to be alive???

Missed you a bunch!!!

Oh, my poor friend!!

·
Premium Member
19,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Velcro said:
My Doctor told me to run...not walk...if anyone tried to prescribe me quinolones. He said the major problem is they have a tendency to cause tendon deterioration and cause rupture. I've ruptured my Achilles tendon twice and it's thready again.
ABSOLUTELY!!!!! You have a very wise and caring doctor!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts