Thyroid Disease Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Lovlkn, thanks, I ordered labs and through that site. It just happens to be the same lab office that handles it as the one my doctor sends me. Here are the results of free T3 and free T4 since I've been back on the cytomel. 5 milligrams twice A-day and synthroid 0.88 x 7 days a week. I also added a 1/2 0.88 synthroid one day a week as you suggested adding a tiny bit synthroid and these are the results since I've been on this for the last 6 weeks.

Ft4. 1.1 (.8 - 1.8)
Ft3. 3.0 (2.3 - 4.2)

Watch a think?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Lovlkn, Thanks! I had labs, self pay, done. Same lab office my doctor uses, lol.
I started being more compliant with my Cytomel. 5mg twice daily, also tried adding a bit 1/2 tab.of 88mcg synthroid 1 day a week in addition to my daily 88mcg. Here are the results after 6 weeks:

Free t4 1.1 (.8 -- 1.8)
Free t3 3.0 (2.3 -- 4.2)

What do you think?

·
Super Moderator
6,660 Posts
Free t4 1.1 (.8 -- 1.8) (( 1.30-1.55))
Free t3 3.0 (2.3 -- 4.2) (( 3.25- 3.725))
I've edited in Bold (( )) the 1/2-3/4 of your ranges.

Based on your lab results I would say you need a dose increase in both T4 and T3 hormone.

Since you are currently taking

Cytomel. 5mg twice daily, also tried adding a bit 1/2 tab.of 88mcg synthroid 1 day a week in addition to my daily 88mcg.
and based on your results - you could try increasing your Synthroid a full 88mcg over the week - you can split 1 pill into 4 and add 1/4 pill for 4 days say S,M,W,F. You can retest in 6 weeks to see if raising your FT-4 causes your FT-3 to increase as well. If it were me - I would increase Synthroid 1st and lab - if FT-3 does not increase then try adding 1/2 pill daily.

Do you feel better with your FT-3 increase?

In my opinion - until you get both FT-4 and FT-3 at least to mid range or slightly above you will not feel your best.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I do feel better than I did. I think I will do just that, and increase thr synthroid as suggested. The T3 helps me think clearer.
Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
6,660 Posts
I felt super fatigued until I got my FT-3 into decent ranges. Having a higher FT-3 will also help you lose weight it you try. I noticed I could never lose 1 LB before my FT-3 got to decent ranges.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Don't forget when doing combo therapy your Iron must be proper and supposedly your cortisol also. So you may consider at least getting a full Iron panel (4 tests in it). Cortisol is usually done via saliva testing...but regular doctors probably won't go for it.

·
Super Moderator
6,660 Posts
Most important is to have at minimum Ferritin and D levels optimal when dosing Lilothyronine.

My Cortisol is a disaster - High Night and High Noon. which is likely why I no longer sleep through the night. I can't even begin to deal with that issue which I have been aware of for many years.

·
Super Moderator
6,660 Posts
I take first dose at 5 am then noon then 1/2 pill at 2:30. I read somewhere that FT-3 is required to produce cortisol.

The 5:30 dose does not cause any issues with sleeping. I usually if possible will nap 2 hours after my noon dose because I cannot function without a nap many days

21 - 30 of 30 Posts