Thyroid Disease Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My surgeon talks me into only a pT..and say a tt would only be done depending on frozen section. I wake up from surgery today with a total.family was told it was undetermined. So yes.. im lying In the hospital bed on my phone. Trying not to worry. But family just left now trying not to cry. Other than that.. ive already gotten up and had some jello. If anyone can just let me know...final path... I heard was 2 days but family was told monday. I know it cant be good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And I know you all have been through it and be honest... I really just wasnt ready for a total nor an undertermined initial frozen section. Why wouldnt he know. Sorry about blubbering and misspellings

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Hey, I'm sorry. I very much understand how upsetting that must have been to hear.

That said, even if it is cancer, it's going to be fine. Really. :) And, honestly, I think going with a TT was a better option. Cancer or not, it's going to be so much easier to regulate your meds.

I appreciate that this is overwhelming, but take a deep breath. You just had major surgery and that in and of itself is hard. Take care of yourself and know everything is going to be alright.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Day 2. I am feeling better. Got about 4 hrs of sleep. Thanking God that I know He will give me the strength to get through anything. And knowing I am not alone nor the only person going through this.

·
304 Posts
You are not alone! We are all here for you - and yes, lots of us have been through it too!

Though, in retrospect, I wish they'd done a frozen section for me, so I didn't have to have a second operation to remove the other half. Indeterminate could mean anything - it doesn't have to be bad news. I doubt you will regret having the whole thing out, whatever the result - the worst I ever felt was in the 8 weeks between operations when I only had half a thyroid.

Quite the worst bit is the waiting - try and look after yourself in the meantime. You've had a major operation and you need some time to recover, both physically and mentally.

All will be well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts