Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to these forums, but not new to the struggle to find answers. I suspect hypo and have been looking for answers for several years now..

The aches, pains, fatigue, weight gain, cholesterol thru the roof (despite eating reasonably well) and so many other symptoms, yet the docs in my area insist there is nothing wrong with my thyroid function..including an endo that had made up his mind before I ever set foot in the exam room, based on ONE TSH test.

I dont have consistent labs over a long period and mostly just TSH, which we all know is not the greatest test in the world for diagnoses.

TSH tests (range 0.55-4.78 ulU/mL)
Jan 2010 - 2.66
June 2011 - 2.2
Sept 2020 - 3.48
Sept 2021 - 4.77

I have ONE set of Free T3, Free T4 and TA-TPO from Sept 2020 and getting these was like pulling hens teeth.
Free T3 - 3.0 pg/mL (range 2.3-4.2)
Free T4 - 1.0 pg/mL (range 0.9-1.8)
TA-TPO - 52 U/mL (range 0-60)

After doing some digging into my medical history, i did find one other Free T4 test (none of the others) from the June 2011 bloodwork which was a 0.9 pg/mL (range of 0.6-1.2) I found that one because the idea of hypo was considered way back then when i saw my PCP for severe fatigue (in her clinic notes, that one does not typically see unless they request medical records, which i have recently done)

I am desperately trying to get someone - ANYONE - at that clinic to HEAR me! (medical is seriously monopolized by this clinic in my area - VERY few options outside of them and what few options there are, are self pay which i really cant afford) My symptoms have continually gotten worse as time has gone by, until i can barely function day to day.
So sick and tired of feeling sick and tired!

I have even gotten to the point of seeking counseling just to deal with the depression & feelings of hopelessness I am coping with. On the bright side of this coin, I may have found an ally in trying to resolve all of this! My counselor is GREAT! She is going above and beyond to try to help me figure out what is going wrong with my body - not just my mind.

Thank you for reading this far.. hoping (praying) to get some answers in the near future.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i should probably add that I am currently trying to get another full thyroid panel scheduled, along with adrenal testing and levels of several important vitamins/minerals (Vit D, Vt B12 (was kinda low last time), potassium, magnesium, etc)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone I have been having a hard time trying to figure out some good and healthy opinions that would help keep my weight in control as I've had hypothyroid for almost 2 years now. A friend of mine referred me me to this link and so far its helped me a lot as I can finally cook healthy and keep my weight in check. I would recommend this opinion for anyone who's having the same issue as I am as I am this may help it has for me https://9ad1ak17mn5wdud2ibyc6obxa1.hop.clickbank.net/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts