Thyroid Disease Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone. im a new to the forum but not new to thyroid issues. in 2012 I had my thyroid removed and have since been on thyroid replacement. during this time I have had many complications. sore body, bad skin, stomach issues, mental fog, but the worst is this ongoing bacterial infection. I go to the obgyn and get the meds take them and as soon as I end the meds it comes back. anyone else have these problems? any advice is welcome. I take daily a multi vitamin, thyroid replacement, vitamin c, and probiotics and hair skin and nails vitamins

·
Super Gold Veteran
2,766 Posts
Do you mean something like bacterial vaginosis?

·
Premium Member
19,367 Posts
Understanding the Thyroid: Why You Should Check Your Free T3
http://breakingmuscle.com/health-medicine/understanding-thyroid-why-you-should-check-your-free-t3
(Copy and paste into your browser)

Dr. Mercola (FREES)
http://www.mercola.com/article/hypothyroid/diagnosis_comp.htm
(Copy and paste into your browser)

Free T3 and Free T4 are the only accurate measurement of the actual active thyroid hormone levels in the body. This is the hormone that is actually free and exerting effect on the cells. These are the thyroid hormones that count.

Welcome to the board.

I am wondering if you have a co-autoimmune disease such as Lupus?

Also, have you ever had a FREE T3 test to see where you are really at w/your thyroxine replacement?

If your FREE T3 is low, you would have frequent infections and other complications.

Please read the enclosed posted above.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Way gross in saying this but we had a discussion on bv yesterday at work... a nurse I work with said a vitamin c pill placed well you know where over night works wonders for her

·
Super Gold Veteran
2,766 Posts
You might want to get checked for Lichen Sclerosus. There is a thyroid connection as well as an autoimmune connection, sadly it is something doctors can be baffled by.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my t3 is high, like 5.36 , but my doctor said is I fell ok to leave it alone, im getting older so im not sure if some of my problems are old age or thyroid related so I said to leave it alone. but I did tell her all the stuff that was going on and she didn't seem to be concerned. I tried the vitamin c and it did nothing for me oral or vaginal. ive taking so many supplements trying to find the right thing and I haven't been able to

·
304 Posts
Interested to read about Lichen Sclerosus.- I was recently diagnosed with the oral version of lichen planus and it is an absolute pain! Makes speaking and eating really painful, which rather limits you when you're a teacher who loves food..

I had wondered if there was a link with thyroid stuff, but the hospital seemed to dismiss this idea out of hand. However, a small amount of research has shown that they don't really know what causes lichen planus and the evidence so far suggests they don't really know how to treat it (the steroid mouth wash is having no effect at all) so I wouldn't be surprised if it was down to something auto-immune. But then, I've never been diagnosed with anything auto-immune in the thyroid line, if you don't count thyca and anti-thyroglobulin antibodies.

Another interesting possibility to investigate.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There is a vaginal bacteria I just found out about called Europlasma bacterial infection. It is a mycoplasma bacterial infection... it can also be the root cause of BV I just also found out. It can also cause bladder and other urinary issues such as urinary frequency and pain, as well as itching and odor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts