Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone has gone through a bout where they lost weight with high TSH. My new endo said the drop in TSH from 80 to 53 to 24 would have made me lose weight but I keep losing weight. I don’t appear by bloodwork to have any hyper symptoms. I was on levo until january and then tried natural supplements until
June. I recently tried levo again (25) for about a week or two and had another adverse reaction with like internal shaking, heart palps, diarrhea, all the symptoms of it being too much.

My T4 was low the last time it was checked in July, but I can’t understand why the weight loss with TSH of 24.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am wondering if anyone has gone through a bout where they lost weight with high TSH. My new endo said the drop in TSH from 80 to 53 to 24 would have made me lose weight but I keep losing weight. I don’t appear by bloodwork to have any hyper symptoms. I was on levo until january and then tried natural supplements until
June. I recently tried levo again (25) for about a week or two and had another adverse reaction with like internal shaking, heart palps, diarrhea, all the symptoms of it being too much.

My T4 was low the last time it was checked in July, but I can’t understand why the weight loss with TSH of 24.
I hope you get some replies. I'm hypo and currently losing weight as well. I think Hashimoto's more correctly describes what I am experiencing. I've been on Levo 100 mcg for 20 years, and it used to take me one month to lose a pound. I remember gaining ten pounds, and it took me almost a year to lose those ten pounds. I believe the average person can lose a pound per week. And I was losing one pound per month on like 1200 calories, plus exercise. Now I keep losing weight. I have IBD, joint pain, heart palps. Hypothyroid doesn't seem to describe everything I'm going through.

·
Super Moderator
6,646 Posts
Have they ever tested your FT-3 levels?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts