Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello! I am almost 30 and I am currently hypothyroid in preparation for my thyroid uptake & scan. As I type this post my wrists are tingling and my back is cramping. I had a complete thyroidectomy in February and my first partial in December. That is when I found out that I had thyroid cancer.

·
Premium Member
19,367 Posts
DamThyroid said:
Just wanted to say hello! I am almost 30 and I am currently hypothyroid in preparation for my thyroid uptake & scan. As I type this post my wrists are tingling and my back is cramping. I had a complete thyroidectomy in February and my first partial in December. That is when I found out that I had thyroid cancer.
Oh, my gosh!!! I am so so sorry. Are you on thyroxine replacement right now??

Why are you having an uptake and scan now? If you had surgery, did you not have follow-up RAI? Is the uptake to see if there is any tissue left?

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Hello! Sorry you have to be here under your circumstance. If you were are meds. you are off now for the uptake & scan, right. That can't be fun, not that its fun regardless. We a few thyroid cancer survivors here that probably will have some positive input for you, I hope.

Well, you will be through this soon so keep your chin up and hang in there.

Keep smiling:hugs:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts