Thyroid Disease Forum banner

Hi!

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Sabrina 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm Lisa. I'm not entirely sure I belong here. I have a 1.6 nodule on my thyroid and the ultrasound can't rule out cancer. I'm in a tizzy bc the first appt my hospital system can get for me with an endocrinologist isn't till the end of march. I'm scared and know I need to be proactive and find an appt sooner. I have badgercare so I can pretty much go anywhere in the state. Just looking for some support.
Thanks!

#2 ·
Hi Lisa! I had two nodules and a cyst, discovered May 2016. It took four months of tests, ultrasound, fine needle biopsy, to my eventual thyroidectomy. They couldn’t rule out cancer on mine either until removal, then they did rule it out.

Is your next appointment for the biopsy? I’ve always wondered if I had more knowledge in 2016 if I could have found a way to reduce the nodule size with thyroid meds. You may have an opportunity to research this if interested. My iron and ferritin were very low which I think contributed to the problem - iron/ferritin are needed to process thyroid hormone. Can you get thyroid labs (free T4 and free T3) and the four iron labs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.