Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Super Gold Veteran
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My appointment is Tuesday the 13th. I am wondering if there is any advice as to any questions I should ask about this?

Going on 3 years with "out of range"/high FT4. My Endo ran a FT4 by dialysis in June of this year and it was within normal range at 1.3 (0.8-2.0). I have refrained from vitamins for 4 days prior to my last lab draw, which was December 5th. ETA: I am also not on any contraceptive medication. My results from this latest lab work is: TSH 1.36 (0.5-5.8) and FT3 2.82 (2.0-4.9) FT4 1.72 (0.75-1.54).ETA: added FT4 Result. I am assuming they are still high, because they are not yet released to me on the patient portal.

Earlier this year, I was having very frequent (daily) chest pains, rapid heart rate, higher anxiety than normal. One night in January this year, I had a very strange event happen. For no reason, my heart rate shot to 200 bpm, I was shaky all over. I went to the ER about an hour or two after it started. (I had done some maneuvers with my husband who is a nurse, I think it was called Valsalva maneuver , which did seem to help), but I was still anxious about it and felt "off" after that, so I drove myself in. TSH at that time (3 hours after the event) was normal at 1.14 (0.55-4.78). In April, I had blood work for my annual physical with my PCP. My TSH was 0.2 (0.50-5.8). My ENDO lowered my dose from 100mcg to 88mcg. ETA: Levothyroxine sodium.

Symptoms relating to frequency of chest pains, anxiety, sleep issues, heart rate is much better. I am finding it harder to lose weight though. (I have lost 40 some pounds since April 2021, through diet and exercise).

As far as the chest pains are concerned, I have had a normal echocardiogram, normal lipoprotein(a) test, I have been battling high cholesterol and triglycerides, which is the reason I started on my weight loss/health journey. My cholesterol numbers were within normal range my last test as of November, although Triglycerides still high, but I'm still working on it all.

I believe my last thyroid ultrasound was in 2015, which reads:
"Right: 5.2 x 1.4 x 1.5 cm. Diffuse heterogeneity throughout the right lobe.
No distinct nodule.

Left: 5.0 x 1.3 x 1.7 cm. Diffuse heterogeneity throughout the left lobe. No
distinct nodule.

Isthmus: Is thickened measuring 4 mm. It also is slightly heterogeneous.

IMPRESSION:

Findings most consistent with the sequelae of thyroiditis. No distinct nodules
are identified."

I am including a small chart of my latest thyroid labs, excluding the ER visit.

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Circle

I haven't been on the Forum in a long time and would like instructions on how to change my signature, if anyone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts