Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I have not had any problems with my thyroid nor any symptoms. I did my routine blood test every year for the past 10 years and always had a good TSH number and felt great. I got the Johnson and Johnson covid vaccine in April 2021 and that's when everything changed for me. I started with extreme fatigue and brain fog. Then came the cold sensation and other textbook hypothyroid symptoms. Not knowing what was going on at the time, I made an appointment with my doctor and she had me do a complete blood test with thyroid function. I was then diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I am now on 100mg of synthroid (brand as levo didn't work for me with the side effects).

Has anyone else got diagnosed with hypothyroidism after receiving the covid vaccine?

Thank you.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Quote the above: "Subacute thyroiditis occurring after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine is a rare and probably underreported phenomenon that seems to have a predilection for the female gender. Further investigation is required to evaluate the possible predisposing factors to developing subacute thyroiditis after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine"

I hope that your thyroid issues resolve. If you have antibodies due to an autoimmune condition, make sure to find the very best docs you can. This forum and other online forums are great sources of information on how to combat the disease.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote the above: "Subacute thyroiditis occurring after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine is a rare and probably underreported phenomenon that seems to have a predilection for the female gender. Further investigation is required to evaluate the possible predisposing factors to developing subacute thyroiditis after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine"

I hope that your thyroid issues resolve. If you have antibodies due to an autoimmune condition, make sure to find the very best docs you can. This forum and other online forums are great sources of information on how to combat the disease.
Thank you so much for this info. I have been searching for this for months. I greatly appreciate you sharing this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts