Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone...I've been reading this boards and the information is fascinating...since I noticed everyone is very helpful on these boards, I have a few questions...

I have Hashimoto's disease and I am completely ignorant when it comes to it. I am currently being treated for Hypothyrodism by an endocrynologist. Apparantely my levels are normal but I have been having a problem for a while and I am not sure if it is related to this disease.

My whole body hurts, mostly my fingers, my feet and my toes...it is making it very difficult to move around, I am always very tired, moody, periods are heavy and the lack of energy makes it hard for me to excercise (needless to say I am 70 lbs overweight, my doctor said that my weight is causing all these problems) I saw my doctor 3 days ago and he told me that I am prediabetic and have low iron and low vitamin D...I will be seeing a reumatologist on Monday and the endocrinologist said that the reumatologist may be able to see what is wrong. Is that accurate?

Also, he told me I have a lump on my thyroid gland and I have to go to get an ultrasound...and just so you know I just had a breast biopsy two days ago (this is why I said I am completely falling apart).

I really need some insight as I have 4 children (a 6 month old baby) and I really need to get more energy for them...

Thanks for the responses and sorry if I am all over the place...

·
Veteran Member
135 Posts
Hi there:hugs:
We all know how hard it is when things go wrong with your thyroid, just ask any or all on this site. I think one thing you will need to get your head around is that it takes some time to diagnose the issue and therefore this intial upheaval will not dissapear quickly. I too am waiting for surgery after finding a lump in my thyroid, had to have an ultra sound , then had to have to FNA biopsy and so on , waiting for the results is the hardest part. But thats where we all come in , I go to this site every day that I am feeling down and simply try to lift someones spirits, and in turn have someone help me lift my spirits. Start making a list of questions you want answered by your doctor before your next visit, jot down how your feeling on any given day as if your anything like the rest of us you will certainly have good and bad days, but above all else remember there is no quick fix here and its going to take time to reslove. We are all here to help. Take Care one thing at a time ok.hugs4

·
Premium Member
19,367 Posts
Marmelg said:
Hi everyone...I've been reading this boards and the information is fascinating...since I noticed everyone is very helpful on these boards, I have a few questions...

I have Hashimoto's disease and I am completely ignorant when it comes to it. I am currently being treated for Hypothyrodism by an endocrynologist. Apparantely my levels are normal but I have been having a problem for a while and I am not sure if it is related to this disease.

My whole body hurts, mostly my fingers, my feet and my toes...it is making it very difficult to move around, I am always very tired, moody, periods are heavy and the lack of energy makes it hard for me to excercise (needless to say I am 70 lbs overweight, my doctor said that my weight is causing all these problems) I saw my doctor 3 days ago and he told me that I am prediabetic and have low iron and low vitamin D...I will be seeing a reumatologist on Monday and the endocrinologist said that the reumatologist may be able to see what is wrong. Is that accurate?

Also, he told me I have a lump on my thyroid gland and I have to go to get an ultrasound...and just so you know I just had a breast biopsy two days ago (this is why I said I am completely falling apart).

I really need some insight as I have 4 children (a 6 month old baby) and I really need to get more energy for them...

Thanks for the responses and sorry if I am all over the place...
Hi there and welcome to the board!

This can be overwhelming; esepcially when it seems to be one thing after another. I am sorry for this and I know you have your hands full w/4 little ones also. Very very hard even if you felt good but alas, you don't.

How were you diagnosed w/Hashimoto's? What thyroid med are you on and how much? Do you have current thyroid labs you can share and include the ranges please?

Have you had any antibodies' tests such as the ones listed below?
TSI (thyroid stimulating immunoglobulin),TPO (antimicrosomal antibodies) TBII (thyrotropin-binding inhibitory immunoglobulin), Thyroglobulin Ab, ANA (antinuclear antibodies), (thyroid hormone panel) TSH, Free T3, Free T4.

You can look this stuff up here and more.........
http://www.labtestsonline.org/

Have you had a ferritin test to confirm the anemia?
Ferritin http://www.thewayup.com/newsletters/081504.htm

Your ferritin should be 50 to 100; the closer to 100, the better.

The rheumatologist should be a huge help to you. That will be tomorrow so I wish you all the best in the world and you must let us know.

Also, when does the breast biopsy come back w/results? Saying a huge prayer for you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.