Thyroid Disease Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm Kelly and I'm a newbie. I'm looking forward to meeting you and gaining support on my thyroid issues journey.

I'm a single mommy of an adorable 3 year old daughter. I work full time in a laboratory. I love my church, good food, and spending time with my family and friends. I'll also skunk you at Scrabble anytime you're willing to face defeat. :tongue0013:

Not really sure what's going on with my thyroid at this point. After complaining to my OB/GYN about several symptoms, she sent me for an ultrasound to check my thyroid about a year ago. It showed 2 small nodules on the backside of each lobe. No big deal. I went back 6 months later...more nodules but no other significant growth. This time when I went back for my next 6 month ultrasound....lots of new issues. My thyroid is now fully enlarged, including the isthmus. The 2 main nodules on each lobe are now at 1.5cm and 1.7cm. I've got a new hypoechoic nodule in the left side of my isthmus measuring 9mm. Echo pattern is inhomogenous and hypoechoic. It feels like there is constant pressure in my throat. I had lab tests run as well. However, all of my tests came back within normal range. (TPO=9, T3T=1.7, T4T=12.9, TSH=1.180, TGA=<1.0) I'm scheduled for a visit with my endocrinologist on May 25th. I'm thinking a FNA biopsy might be in my future at this point.

Anyone else have issues like this? What was your outcome?

:confused0081:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Hi and welcome to the boards.

Do you have the reference ranges that go with those lab results? Different labs use different methodologies which result in different reference ranges, or different definitions of "normal."

You should have those nodules biopsied. Anything over 1cm should be, but especially those over 1cm with some suspicious characteristics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reference ranges:

TPO: 0-34

T3T:0.6-1.8

T4T: 4.8-13.9

TSH: 0.358-3.740

TGA: 0.0-0.9

The nodules haven't been biopsied previously due to them being on the back side of my thyroid. My endocrinologist said that the position they are in would make it very difficult, if not impossible, to biopsy. Still, I'm thinking that this new mass on my isthmus definitely needs to be checked out.

No family history of thyroid cancer or disease.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They added on FT4 and FT3.

Results: FT4 1.1 (0.76-1.46), FT3 3.4 (2.0-4.4)

All results appear normal. Anyone else have all normal thyroid levels but growing nodules? Were yours cancerous?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts