Thyroid Disease Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this website but not so new to Hashimoto's. I live in Brisbane, Australia and discovered I had a thyroid condition when I was just finishing grade 12. I'm 28 and have had hypothyroidism since. It fluctuated from low to borderline, then to normal and back to very low. Mostly low it has stayed, and it has been a struggle in a moody-female "on her monthly" way. My discovery started when my older sister found out she had graves disease and told the rest of the family to get tested for the same sort of thing. So that's how I found out and that it was hereditary. Two of my mum's sisters have it that I know of, both having each end of the thyroid scale (haha) so one sister has graves and the other sister has Hashimoto's.

About a year or two ago, my doctor had decided to put me on eutroxsig the low dose and I don't know if I have felt much different. I don't know or remember what normal was for me. To continue on about earlier history, as a teen I knew something was odd with myself besides the typical hormones flying everywhere and everything that comes with it. I felt low as in lack of energy and felt like I was mentally behind, like I knew I was smart but felt there was a brain fog blocking the smartness coming through. It's hard to describe. I'm currently studying Western Herbal medicine after twice dropping out due to work and not believing I could achieve something like this.

I will try to keep it short (haha) so yeah feeling tired a lot with a touch of insomnia and nightfill shift worker doesn't help. I do have one to two naps almost every second day. I cope and have been accustomed to this addition in my life. I suffer from severly low libido but my partner of 8 years has been extremely supportive and understanding of my craziness and I genuinely cannot thank him enough for it.

I cope the irritability and moodiness by watching DVDs and reading books as a calming method to "get away from it all" but when I'm not studying I play a lot of ESO (Elder Scrolls Online).

Hope it wasn't too long to read☹

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Hi and welcome. Could you share your latest lab results with the reference ranges, please?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts