Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had blood work done and my Antibodies were high. ANti-TPO is 175. ANti -TG is 332.5
I read I should be taking my morning temperature and it has been in the low 96s

I talked with my primary dr and he said not to worry. He said it indicated I would eventually have a thyroid problem. He also listed symptoms that would indicate a problem. When I tried to tell him I have several of them he laughed at me.

I had to ask for an endocrinologist referral but I cannot get in until Feb.

I've googled and read about Hashimotos and Graves. I am a cancer survivor (2 years remission) and try to take everything my body tells me seriously. I also have 1 kidney due to the cancer and have to be careful with any meds I take.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi and so sorry for what you’re dealing with. I don’t know much about Hashis or Graves, but I do know about doctors not hearing what I’m saying. Can you switch doctors? I did a lot of Googling and emailing, and from any perspective health care partner I wanted to know they were open to free T4, free T3 and reverse T3 labs, and also open to levothyroxine, liothyronine and/or NDT medications for treatment. Your lab requests might have a few more than what I’ve listed. I looked at Google reviews and doctor websites to see if possible doctors have any experience with thyroid patients. Is this a possibility for you? Naturopaths seem to be the most open to this, internal medicine and endocrinologists seem harder. Hope you are able to find some help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts