Thyroid Disease Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Lyme Disease. It was just coincidence that my hive like splotches arrived at the same time I started taking the Nature-throid.

I am happy to know it's not the NT but wish it had been something more benign! Starting on the lengthy treatment tomorrow.

:party0049: Doing the happy dance!

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
I certainly pray it goes well. We know someone, very close to us that just started treatment as well. Hang in there.

·
Super Gold Veteran
1,666 Posts
While I certainly wouldn't wish Lyme Disease on anyone, the fact that your doc was able to catch it is excellent news.

If you don't mind me asking, which lab(s) did they do to look for it? And did you know you had been bitten, or found a bullseye rash?

Positive thoughts and wishes headed your way! hugs3

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have no idea what specific test was ran. He just told me that anything over a 1 is considered a positive and my level was 6.69. I will call their office next week and ask for the results to be faxed to me. I usually do but we were getting ready to go out the door to take my dad to the train station. He has been visiting me for the last couple of weeks and went home yesterday.

I had a tick bite Memorial Day weekend but I did not have a bulls eye rash. I think I remember having a tick earlier in the spring but I can't recall real clearly so I'm not 100% sure.

I got the rash that I posted on here about right after I started taking the Nature-throid and didn't realize it was Lyme until Sunday evening. I had tried several different creams and what not I had on hand at the house and nothing helped them. I kept looking it picture of skin conditions on line and didn't find anything that matched until Sunday evening. It was on a tick site. The doctor didn't think it was Lyme but ran the test anyway. If I didn't need the medical community for testing and prescriptions I sure could live without seeing any of them ever again! Then he forgot to call in my prescription and I had to bug the crap out of him today! I didn't want to wait until it was too late and then have the whole holiday weekend with no meds! What a mess.

I hope I will be feeling better soon. I'm trying to not read too much about Lyme to not get freaked out about long term effects, what if I don't recover with one round of treatment, etc. Ugh. I've had it this year with weirdo medical problems. I had chillblains in one of my toes earlier this year and it took almost 3 months to get a diagnoses - which was ME diagnosing and bringing the Mayo Clinic study to my doctor. After reviewing he agreed and prescribed what they recommended. Okay off of my soap box. Thanks! Have a GREAT 4th of July!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts