Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Newbie
Joined
·
23 Posts
Hello, i'm a 29 y.o girl, im from Mexico city,Mexico.
i came here because i think it's a very very helpful forum, very informative as well.
i began to feel really really ill since 4 years ago more or least.
Before my Hypothyroid diagnosis i was beeing missdiagnostic with fybromyalgia, depression, anxiety this as the cause of all my symptons according to "doctors".

After visits and visits to doctors one of them saw my lasts labs.

I've began to take levotiroxine in aprox. July 2010 with 25mcg Levotiroxine and then 50mcg and then until now 50mcg -75mcg Novotiral (levotiroxine-Litoronin).

I felt a bit with more energy, but i still have really really bad headaches, dizziness, sometimes vertigo, high anxiety with irreality sensation, high depression, heavy eyelids (i dont understand why i feel this at the time it comes with more fatigue and dry eyes (not having the dry eyes all the time), sts muscular and joint pain, my hair is falling down again, gastrointestinal pain (i had in 2009 my gallblader removed i had stones), high pulse, sweaty, i havent really weight gain, sleep difficulties and feel with no rest, clogged ears, dry skin, sts i feel like "rashes" of localized heat or cold feeling in legs, its a weird sensation it began 4 months ago first it was more intense like if my feet were burning, now its more sporadic.
Even taking novotiral has helped but i am still feeling sometimes (the most part of the time) very tired.

My laboratories:

May 2010:


T3: 1.27 (0.58-1.59)
T4: 6.7 (4.87- 11.72)
T4 Free: 0.99 (0.70-1.48)
TU uptake/(captación): 0.99 (0.70-1.48)
TSH: 11.41 (0.35-4.94)
T7: 1.85 (1.19-3.55)

July 2010: AC (antibodyd)
AC Anti-peroxidasa thyroid: 67.1 Ui/ml (0-5.61)
AC-Anti tiroglobulin: 20.29UI/ml (-4.11)

Iron: 53 (37-145)
Iron uptake: 497 (250-350)
Percentage of Saturation: 10 (15-50%)

Ferritin: 19.98 ( 4.63-204)

October, 2010: (different laboratory)
TSH bas i.Se: 6.22 (0,27-4.20)
TSH stim i.Se: 43.76 (2,00-25)
T3 Free: 3.19 (2.00-4.40)
T4 free: 12.46 (9.30-17.00)
TSH RezeptAK: -0.30 (-1.75)

December 2010: (diffrent laboratory)
TSH: 2.87 (0.34-5.60)
T3: 1.41 (0.87- 1.78)
t4: 9.99 6.09-12.23
T Uptake/Captación: 34.9% (32.0-48.4)
ITL: 8.7 (5.93-13.3)

C Reactive Protein:
0.128mg/dl (5.93-13.13)
PRolactin: 15.84ng/ml (i had issues with high prolactin at my 19,20's y.o)
Antinuclear AC (ANA): 0.128mg/dl (-0.8) Positive homogeneoos, ANA titer: 1:80 Titer.
Reference range:
-1.40 Negative
1:40- 1:80 Low antibody level
-1.80 elevated antibody level.
Rheumatoid Factor: -20.0 UI/ML (-20)
Sjogren's antibody (SSA-A): -1.0 NEG (-1.0 NEG)
SJogren's antibody (SS-B) :-1.0 NEG (-1.0NEG)

I dont have always the same pain, the last pain i have had: muscular pain, headache, issues with my eyes (the heavy eyelids that any doctor have been able to respond!), my hair loss (much less than years before), sts itchy and very dry skin, sts the gastric issues, heart palpitations, dizziness /lightheaded, heaviness in nape, concentration issues, very tired...

Anyone with the same as me?
I am really scared, im not sure if everything that i am still feeling its caused by the same thyroid.
Any advice?? _I feel my life is going and i'm not getting answers why i feel so so bad, this has ruined almost my life in every aspect. :sad0049:

Thank you very much for reading me, and hope you can understand my english, sorry for the mistakes.

Greetings!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,367 Posts
Atreya said:
Hello, i'm a 29 y.o girl, im from Mexico city,Mexico.
i came here because i think it's a very very helpful forum, very informative as well.
i began to feel really really ill since 4 years ago more or least.
Before my Hypothyroid diagnosis i was beeing missdiagnostic with fybromyalgia, depression, anxiety this as the cause of all my symptons according to "doctors".

After visits and visits to doctors one of them saw my lasts labs.

I've began to take levotiroxine in aprox. July 2010 with 25mcg Levotiroxine and then 50mcg and then until now 50mcg -75mcg Novotiral (levotiroxine-Litoronin).

I felt a bit with more energy, but i still have really really bad headaches, dizziness, sometimes vertigo, high anxiety with irreality sensation, high depression, heavy eyelids (i dont understand why i feel this at the time it comes with more fatigue and dry eyes (not having the dry eyes all the time), sts muscular and joint pain, my hair is falling down again, gastrointestinal pain (i had in 2009 my gallblader removed i had stones), high pulse, sweaty, i havent really weight gain, sleep difficulties and feel with no rest, clogged ears, dry skin, sts i feel like "rashes" of localized heat or cold feeling in legs, its a weird sensation it began 4 months ago first it was more intense like if my feet were burning, now its more sporadic.
Even taking novotiral has helped but i am still feeling sometimes (the most part of the time) very tired.

My laboratories:

May 2010:


T3: 1.27 (0.58-1.59)
T4: 6.7 (4.87- 11.72)
T4 Free: 0.99 (0.70-1.48)
TU uptake/(captación): 0.99 (0.70-1.48)
TSH: 11.41 (0.35-4.94)
T7: 1.85 (1.19-3.55)

July 2010: AC (antibodyd)
AC Anti-peroxidasa thyroid: 67.1 Ui/ml (0-5.61)
AC-Anti tiroglobulin: 20.29UI/ml (-4.11)

Iron: 53 (37-145)
Iron uptake: 497 (250-350)
Percentage of Saturation: 10 (15-50%)

Ferritin: 19.98 ( 4.63-204)

October, 2010: (different laboratory)
TSH bas i.Se: 6.22 (0,27-4.20)
TSH stim i.Se: 43.76 (2,00-25)
T3 Free: 3.19 (2.00-4.40)
T4 free: 12.46 (9.30-17.00)
TSH RezeptAK: -0.30 (-1.75)

December 2010: (diffrent laboratory)
TSH: 2.87 (0.34-5.60)
T3: 1.41 (0.87- 1.78)
t4: 9.99 6.09-12.23
T Uptake/Captación: 34.9% (32.0-48.4)
ITL: 8.7 (5.93-13.3)

C Reactive Protein:
0.128mg/dl (5.93-13.13)
PRolactin: 15.84ng/ml (i had issues with high prolactin at my 19,20's y.o)
Antinuclear AC (ANA): 0.128mg/dl (-0.8) Positive homogeneoos, ANA titer: 1:80 Titer.
Reference range:
-1.40 Negative
1:40- 1:80 Low antibody level
-1.80 elevated antibody level.
Rheumatoid Factor: -20.0 UI/ML (-20)
Sjogren's antibody (SSA-A): -1.0 NEG (-1.0 NEG)
SJogren's antibody (SS-B) :-1.0 NEG (-1.0NEG)

I dont have always the same pain, the last pain i have had: muscular pain, headache, issues with my eyes (the heavy eyelids that any doctor have been able to respond!), my hair loss (much less than years before), sts itchy and very dry skin, sts the gastric issues, heart palpitations, dizziness /lightheaded, heaviness in nape, concentration issues, very tired...

Anyone with the same as me?
I am really scared, im not sure if everything that i am still feeling its caused by the same thyroid.
Any advice?? _I feel my life is going and i'm not getting answers why i feel so so bad, this has ruined almost my life in every aspect. :sad0049:

Thank you very much for reading me, and hope you can understand my english, sorry for the mistakes.

Greetings!
Hi there and welcome to the board! How long have you been on the Novotiral?

Have you had pituitary checked re the high prolactin?

You do have something going on as evidenced by the low but detectable level of antibodies.

Interestingly,you doc has not run antibodies' indigenous to the thyroid.

TSI (thyroid stimulating immunoglobulin),TPO (antimicrosomal antibodies) TBII (thyrotropin-binding inhibitory immunoglobulin), Thyroglobulin Ab, ANA (antinuclear antibodies), (thyroid hormone panel) TSH, Free T3, Free T4.

You can look this stuff up here and more.........
http://www.labtestsonline.org/

Clearly you do have thyroid as evidenced by the TSH. It would be good to get FREE T4 and FREE T3 run if you can.

Your ferritin is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay low. It should be 50 to 100; the closer to 100, the better and I am sure this is responsible for "some" of your symptoms.

Ferritin http://www.thewayup.com/newsletters/081504.htm

I would also consider that your electrolytes might be low. Magnesium, Potassium etc..

 

·
Newbie
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi again! Thank you for the response.
I'm with novotiral since January 2011. (I would love to try with Armour but its not sold in Mexico)

This next week i'll have the results of new labs (like Antibod for Celiac Disease: Anti-Gliadin IGG. and Antibody Anti-Endomisial, also carotene in blood, electrolytes) I'll post them here when i get the results.

I'm worried, here the doctors very few care, even i pay and pay but i cant get logical answers, i had to pass about 4 years to have the HypoHashimoto's diagnostic. i feel sad and depressed by the situation, i was thinking in take some antidepressants and ansiolitics.
I will tell you when i got my other new labs results.

thank you for reading me!
Greetings from Mexico city!
hugs1
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,367 Posts
Atreya said:
Hi again! Thank you for the response.
I'm with novotiral since January 2011. (I would love to try with Armour but its not sold in Mexico)

This next week i'll have the results of new labs (like Antibod for Celiac Disease: Anti-Gliadin IGG. and Antibody Anti-Endomisial, also carotene in blood, electrolytes) I'll post them here when i get the results.

I'm worried, here the doctors very few care, even i pay and pay but i cant get logical answers, i had to pass about 4 years to have the HypoHashimoto's diagnostic. i feel sad and depressed by the situation, i was thinking in take some antidepressants and ansiolitics.
I will tell you when i got my other new labs results.

thank you for reading me!
Greetings from Mexico city!
hugs1
And greetings to you as well. Actually, 8 or 9 weeks out on the novotiral is too soon to tell BUT, at this point you should be getting labs of TSH, FREE T3 and FREE T4 so "see" how you are doing on this med. Then doc needs to titrate up or down as indicated by how you feel and the labs.

Do work on getting that ferritin up as with it that low, it interferes with the efficacy of your thyroxine replacement. Your iron should be taken 4 to 5 hours away from thyroid medicine.

I will be happy to see your labs when you get them.

And I am sure others will be responding to you during the week.



Feel better!
 

·
Newbie
Joined
·
23 Posts
Hola, hola!
i have already my last labs. ( i have suspected that am i hyper now?)

About the prolactin: the doctors haven't give importance to the prolactin, neither the ferritin, until i began to read it here, i knew it was so important, but while the doctors see that the values are into range...for them i haven't any anemia. (even i will begin to take supplements).

Here are my last new labs:

Thyroid: (Ranges)

CT3 0.37 NMOl/L (0.32-0.48 )
T3 1.94 (1.34-2.73 )
T4 88.54 (78.38-157-40)
Tyrotropin 0.06 UuI/Ml ( 0.34-5.60
Thyroglobulin 58.54 Ng/ML (0.0-35.0)
____________________________________________________
Antibodies:

Thyroglobulin 58.54U/ML (NEGATIVE/-100)

Peroxidase Thyroid 150 U/ML (NEGATIVE/- 40
Gray zone 40-60
positive More 60)
_________________________________________________________
erythrocyte sedimentation rate: 2 Mm/H (2-30)
_________________________________________________________
Blood Test (Química sanguinea)

Glucose 97 mg/Dl ( 65-103)
Urea Nitrogen 12 Mg/DL (8-22)
UREA 25.7 Mg/Dl (17.1-47.1)
Creatinin 0.59 MG/DL (0.6-1.2)
_________________________________________________________
Electrolytes:
ELECTROLITOS SÉRICOS

Sodium 138 NMOl/L (135.0-145.0)
Potassium 4 Mmol/L (3.50-5.00)
Chlorine 104 MMOl/L (97.0-111.0)
CO 2 TOTAL 23 MMOL/L (21.0-31.0)
____________________________________________________________________

S. Carotenes: 136 Ug/dL (102-367)
_____________________________________________________________________

Liver Function:

BILIRUBIN 1.5 MG/DL (0.5-1.5)
Direct bilirubin 0.2 MMG/DL ( ----)
ALT (TGP) 12 UI/L (12-69)
Alkaline Phosphatase 15 UI/L (13-56)
AST (TGO) 48 UI/L (39-131)
total Proteins 6.7 g/dL (6.4.-8.4)
Serum Albumin 3.9 G/DL (3.6-5.0)
Globulins 2.8 G/DL ( ----)
RELACIÓN A/G 1.4 (-----)
___________________________________________________________
Hematic Citology

Luekocytes 8.6 K/uL (4.0-12.0)
Erythrocytes 4.71 M/uL (4.1-5.3)
Hemoglobin 14.1 % (13.0-15.0)
Hematocrit 43 g/dL (38.3-46.7)
VGM 91.3 fL (83.5-98.0)
HCM 29.9 pg. (27.7-34.0)
CMHB 32.7 % (32.7-34.7)
ADE 13.4 % (11.5-14.2)
Plateletes 270 k/uL (150-450)
VPM 9.2 fL (7.4-10.4)
Lymphocytes 21.2 % (11-54)
Segmented 73.3 % (38-89)
Monocytes 4.3 % (1-14)
Eosinophils 0.8 % (3.6)
Basophils 0.4 % (1.2)
_____________________________________________

Antibodies AntiGliadin: 6.6 (- or = 10)

Antibodies Endomysial: Negative (Negative)
_____________________________________________

Sorry for put all here (all the labs-too long)... i have a date with a doctor the next thursday the one who sent me this labs... i am really feed up they tell me sth like "all is in your head, because of your depression and anxiety"...grrrrrr :scared0015::aim33:).

Really thank you very very much for your opinion and guidance!

;)
(p.s sorry for my english/mistakes)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,367 Posts
Atreya said:
Hola, hola!
i have already my last labs. ( i have suspected that am i hyper now?)

About the prolactin: the doctors haven't give importance to the prolactin, neither the ferritin, until i began to read it here, i knew it was so important, but while the doctors see that the values are into range...for them i haven't any anemia. (even i will begin to take supplements).

Here are my last new labs:

Thyroid: (Ranges)

CT3 0.37 NMOl/L (0.32-0.48 )
T3 1.94 (1.34-2.73 )
T4 88.54 (78.38-157-40)
Tyrotropin 0.06 UuI/Ml ( 0.34-5.60
Thyroglobulin 58.54 Ng/ML (0.0-35.0)
____________________________________________________
Antibodies:

Thyroglobulin 58.54U/ML (NEGATIVE/-100)

Peroxidase Thyroid 150 U/ML (NEGATIVE/- 40
Gray zone 40-60
positive More 60)
_________________________________________________________
erythrocyte sedimentation rate: 2 Mm/H (2-30)
_________________________________________________________
Blood Test (Química sanguinea)

Glucose 97 mg/Dl ( 65-103)
Urea Nitrogen 12 Mg/DL (8-22)
UREA 25.7 Mg/Dl (17.1-47.1)
Creatinin 0.59 MG/DL (0.6-1.2)
_________________________________________________________
Electrolytes:
ELECTROLITOS SÉRICOS

Sodium 138 NMOl/L (135.0-145.0)
Potassium 4 Mmol/L (3.50-5.00)
Chlorine 104 MMOl/L (97.0-111.0)
CO 2 TOTAL 23 MMOL/L (21.0-31.0)
____________________________________________________________________

S. Carotenes: 136 Ug/dL (102-367)
_____________________________________________________________________

Liver Function:

BILIRUBIN 1.5 MG/DL (0.5-1.5)
Direct bilirubin 0.2 MMG/DL ( ----)
ALT (TGP) 12 UI/L (12-69)
Alkaline Phosphatase 15 UI/L (13-56)
AST (TGO) 48 UI/L (39-131)
total Proteins 6.7 g/dL (6.4.-8.4)
Serum Albumin 3.9 G/DL (3.6-5.0)
Globulins 2.8 G/DL ( ----)
RELACIÓN A/G 1.4 (-----)
___________________________________________________________
Hematic Citology

Luekocytes 8.6 K/uL (4.0-12.0)
Erythrocytes 4.71 M/uL (4.1-5.3)
Hemoglobin 14.1 % (13.0-15.0)
Hematocrit 43 g/dL (38.3-46.7)
VGM 91.3 fL (83.5-98.0)
HCM 29.9 pg. (27.7-34.0)
CMHB 32.7 % (32.7-34.7)
ADE 13.4 % (11.5-14.2)
Plateletes 270 k/uL (150-450)
VPM 9.2 fL (7.4-10.4)
Lymphocytes 21.2 % (11-54)
Segmented 73.3 % (38-89)
Monocytes 4.3 % (1-14)
Eosinophils 0.8 % (3.6)
Basophils 0.4 % (1.2)
_____________________________________________

Antibodies AntiGliadin: 6.6 (- or = 10)

Antibodies Endomysial: Negative (Negative)
_____________________________________________

Sorry for put all here (all the labs-too long)... i have a date with a doctor the next thursday the one who sent me this labs... i am really feed up they tell me sth like "all is in your head, because of your depression and anxiety"...grrrrrr :scared0015::aim33:).

Really thank you very very much for your opinion and guidance!

;)
(p.s sorry for my english/mistakes)
I think you are doing exceedingly well mastering the English language. I "still" have not mastered it. Ha, ha!

Okay.............as you know the doc ran T4 and T3 (totals)not FT4 and FT3(FREES). The frees are the unbound hormone and the totals are bound, unbound and in the case of T3 also rT3 (reverseT3) which makes it very very hard to know what is what.

But, there are exceptions and your labs bring that out. Both the T3 and T4 are below the mid-range of the lab ranges given by you lab. That means something is wrong. They should be mid-range or higher in the healthy person.

Would you know what the CT3 is? I did a search and can't find anything on that! "Whatever" it is, it is also below mid-range.

You are definitely gluten intolerant (celiac) and I urge you to get on a gluten-free diet as soon as possible. I don't have celiac but am gluten-intolerant and have been gluten-free for many many years now. Gluten caused mucho inflamation in my joints and also intestinal motility problems and narcolepsy after eating and weight gain as w/gluten intolerance, we don't process it properly and it in fact does turn to fat.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-gliadin_antibodies

Your electrolytes look good.

You do not have anxiety and this is not all in your head. You also have Thyroglobulin Ab which is cause for concern here. I suggest RAIU (radioactive uptake scan.)

Thyroglobulin Ab and cancer
http://qjmed.oxfordjournals.org/content/59/2/429.full.pdf

Another Thyroglobulin and cancer
http://www.mdlinx.com/endocrinology...963/?news_id=811&newsdt=092010&subspec_id=419

And I urge you to insist on the TSI lab test.

TSI
Normally, there is no TSI in the blood. If TSI is found in the blood, this indicates that the thyroid stimulating immunoglobulin is the cause of the of a person's hyperthyroidism.
http://www.medicineonline.com/topics/t/2/Thyroid-Stimulating-Immunoglobulin/TSI.html

Please keep me informed. I do care about you and want you to feel better!
 

·
Newbie
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hola, Andros! yes i know now what i am feeling is not-only- caused by my mind... or by my anxiety only.

I've made a research and the CT3 means: triiodothyronine uptake (t3) (0.37), the thyrotropin is the Tsh (0.06).

For Celiac Disease i've read that only with the Ab.Antigliadin, and Antiendomisio is not enough it seems i need also the Ac(antibodies)Anti Transglutaminase & IgA Total,... but this doctor didn't run them.

I don't understand yet the difference between gluten intolerant and celiac, i thought it was the same, i need to read more about it, i thought that if you are gluten intolerant then you are celiac? :confused:

i'm afraid to come back home tomorrow telling me that it's "only" the nervous colitis (and my anxiety & depression:confused0018:) because as the Antigliadin is within the range (Ab.Antigliadin 6.6)...I don´t know what to expect, i barely feel like a person.

I will do/run the TSI test and the scan, and the Ab Transglutaminase in another laboratory by myself and the Ferritin as well.
Thank you very much for your guidance. I'll have my appointment tomorrow, hope to be lucky too, i'll keep you informed.
Gracias!
hugs6
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,367 Posts
Atreya said:
Hola, Andros! yes i know now what i am feeling is not-only- caused by my mind... or by my anxiety only.

I've made a research and the CT3 means: triiodothyronine uptake (t3) (0.37), the thyrotropin is the Tsh (0.06).

For Celiac Disease i've read that only with the Ab.Antigliadin, and Antiendomisio is not enough it seems i need also the Ac(antibodies)Anti Transglutaminase & IgA Total,... but this doctor didn't run them.

I don't understand yet the difference between gluten intolerant and celiac, i thought it was the same, i need to read more about it, i thought that if you are gluten intolerant then you are celiac? :confused:

i'm afraid to come back home tomorrow telling me that it's "only" the nervous colitis (and my anxiety & depression:confused0018:) because as the Antigliadin is within the range (Ab.Antigliadin 6.6)...I don´t know what to expect, i barely feel like a person.

I will do/run the TSI test and the scan, and the Ab Transglutaminase in another laboratory by myself and the Ferritin as well.
Thank you very much for your guidance. I'll have my appointment tomorrow, hope to be lucky too, i'll keep you informed.
Gracias!
hugs6
Oh, okay. T3 uptake is a protein. Now that really is an outdated test to be sure.
Understanding thyroid lab tests.....http://www.amarillomed.com/howto/#Thyroid

The only difference is that w/Celiac..................because of severe intestinal problems(Colitis, IBS), it can be life threatening. I.e malnutrition, infections, inflamation etc.. Intolerance is usually fibromyalgia-like symtoms, blown-up stomach, gassy, some intestinal problems etc.

The way to really find out is to go gluten-free for 30 days. See how you feel and if you are not convinced, eat some gluten after the 30 days. See what happens.

One of the biggest clues for thyroid is that a thyroid patient is at the very least most usually gluten intolerant. Not everybody, mind you but it is quite common. One problem is a lot of people don't realize that they are.

I am quite interested. (Can you tell? Ha, ha) And, I do hope you keep me informed. I wish for you to be in good health.
 

·
Newbie
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hola, Andros! well, i went with the "doctor" and dont think that i am anemic (because the hemoglobin looks good) even my ferriting is too low... Second, the doc. didn't look the Antigliadin, and Endomisio Antobodies. (but i have an appointment with a Gastro doctor next week).
Also i am concerned that sts i have my hands its hard to explain its not pain but in the fingers of my hands it feels like heaviness and sts like a bit difficult to move the fingers, but i have never had inmovility. Even all of my Rheumatoid factors are minus 20, i just don't understand.

Lab: October 2009:
Protein C Reactive 0.16 (range: minus 0.8mg/dL)
Rheumatoid Factor: minus 20 (range: minus 20UI/ml)

Lab: Dec-2010 (in a diffrent laboratory)
Protein C Reactive: 0.128 (range: minus 0.8 mg/dl

Antinuclear AC. (ANA)
Ana Screen, IFA Positive (range: Negative)
ANA Pattern: Homogenous
ANA titer: 1:80 titer.

(Reference range: minus 1:40 Negative,
1:40- 1:80 Low antibody level
more 1:80 Elevated antibody level)

January 2011:
Rheumatoid Factor: minus 20 (range: minus 20)

Sjorgen AC
Sjorgen's antibody (SS-A) : minus 1.0 Neg. (range: minus 1.0 neg.)
Sjorgen's Ab. (SS-B): minus 1.0 Neg. (Range: minus 1.0 negative)

And i am confused with the TSH in 0.06 am i not but this Hyperthyroid instead of Hypot?? i feel very like hyper.
(and I feel like of 98 y.o girl... (with respect to the 90' y.o ladies)
And another question, is it possible that i could be the only one in my family (as i am now) with the Thyroid disease? i have siblings, and i've told them to do the thyroid panel, but they dont listen...:rolleyes: "fair warning leaves no room for surprises"? my grandmother had i think Hyperthyroidism)

I'm so fed up of all this. :aim33:
Thanks for listening!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,367 Posts
Atreya said:
Hola, Andros! well, i went with the "doctor" and dont think that i am anemic (because the hemoglobin looks good) even my ferriting is too low... Second, the doc. didn't look the Antigliadin, and Endomisio Antobodies. (but i have an appointment with a Gastro doctor next week).
Also i am concerned that sts i have my hands its hard to explain its not pain but in the fingers of my hands it feels like heaviness and sts like a bit difficult to move the fingers, but i have never had inmovility. Even all of my Rheumatoid factors are minus 20, i just don't understand.

Lab: October 2009:
Protein C Reactive 0.16 (range: minus 0.8mg/dL)
Rheumatoid Factor: minus 20 (range: minus 20UI/ml)

Lab: Dec-2010 (in a diffrent laboratory)
Protein C Reactive: 0.128 (range: minus 0.8 mg/dl

Antinuclear AC. (ANA)
Ana Screen, IFA Positive (range: Negative)
ANA Pattern: Homogenous
ANA titer: 1:80 titer.

(Reference range: minus 1:40 Negative,
1:40- 1:80 Low antibody level
more 1:80 Elevated antibody level)

January 2011:
Rheumatoid Factor: minus 20 (range: minus 20)

Sjorgen AC
Sjorgen's antibody (SS-A) : minus 1.0 Neg. (range: minus 1.0 neg.)
Sjorgen's Ab. (SS-B): minus 1.0 Neg. (Range: minus 1.0 negative)

And i am confused with the TSH in 0.06 am i not but this Hyperthyroid instead of Hypot?? i feel very like hyper.
(and I feel like of 98 y.o girl... (with respect to the 90' y.o ladies)
And another question, is it possible that i could be the only one in my family (as i am now) with the Thyroid disease? i have siblings, and i've told them to do the thyroid panel, but they dont listen...:rolleyes: "fair warning leaves no room for surprises"? my grandmother had i think Hyperthyroidism)

I'm so fed up of all this. :aim33:
Thanks for listening!!
Hi there! Let's firstly review this ferritin thing. Your hemoglobulin can be good but if your ferritin is in the basement, you are anemic.

Maybe I did not give you this to read?
Ferritin http://www.thewayup.com/newsletters/081504.htm

And yes; you could be hyperthyroid and that is why if you can get the TSI (thyroid stimulating immunoglobulin) test, that would be a very very good thing. I am sure something is going on w/ the thyroid.

TSI
Normally, there is no TSI in the blood. If TSI is found in the blood, this indicates that the thyroid stimulating immunoglobulin is the cause of the of a person's hyperthyroidism.
http://www.medicineonline.com/topics/t/2/Thyroid-Stimulating-Immunoglobulin/TSI.html

Do your hands feel like clubs? Yes? That could be peripheral neuropathy from a metabolic problem.
http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/peripheralneuropathy/detail_peripheralneuropathy.htm

The above is common in most autoimmne metabolic disturbances most notable diabetes and thryroid.

There is not a single person here that does not know how you feel. It is very discouraging. It took 20 years for me to get help and that was only because I had a thyroid storm and almost died. I was repeatedly fluffed off.

If your grandmother had hyper, all siblings and other family members most likely have some sort of autoimmune. It does not always present as thyroid, but..................this is genetic (familial.)
 

·
Newbie
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hola Andros, thanks for your answer!

I think that it's also the incompetence/ineptitude of the doctors and medical service, i don't know for what are they studying medicine if they don't make efforts to find out what's going on with us... I feel a bit lonely with all this, sometimes i feel its too much to stand. It's feels so weird having suddenly "funny" symptoms that i had never thought my body could make me feel or produce. I am very sorry also for what you had to come through. i think i had this thyroid stuff since a looong time ago, before my hypothyroid diagnostic i had like hypothermia crisis, i began to feel cold then very very very cold (colder) and then like if i almost were diying. it has not happened to me again, but nobody explained me what it was like other symptoms i am still feeling.

Thanks a lot for your support! and i will get the labs (TSI, ferritin... i can't believe the doctor told me i am not anemic! when i am).
Thank you again!
Hasta la próxima!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,367 Posts
Atreya said:
Hola Andros, thanks for your answer!

I think that it's also the incompetence/ineptitude of the doctors and medical service, i don't know for what are they studying medicine if they don't make efforts to find out what's going on with us... I feel a bit lonely with all this, sometimes i feel its too much to stand. It's feels so weird having suddenly "funny" symptoms that i had never thought my body could make me feel or produce. I am very sorry also for what you had to come through. i think i had this thyroid stuff since a looong time ago, before my hypothyroid diagnostic i had like hypothermia crisis, i began to feel cold then very very very cold (colder) and then like if i almost were diying. it has not happened to me again, but nobody explained me what it was like other symptoms i am still feeling.

Thanks a lot for your support! and i will get the labs (TSI, ferritin... i can't believe the doctor told me i am not anemic! when i am).
Thank you again!
Hasta la próxima!
Oh, yeah......................hypothermia from hypothyroid and low ferritin (both.)

You got it right; why do they become doctors? Some are very altruistic but it is hard to find them. They are in it to help humanity. And then others........................????

God bless you; you are a sweet lady. Good things will come your way. Keeping you in my prayers.
 

·
Newbie
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi again! thanks for your answer.

well doctors...just the last years i can not have a general good opinion about many of them !

i will do the TSI lab very soon (it's kind expensive here this lab so i have to wait a little bit to do it :( )

The last Gastro-doctor i saw this week, decided to change my Novotiral dose to 50mcg per day (i was in 75-50mcg) and he told me that i am not celiac, he doesn´t think so.

Even he did not ran the Ab Antitransglutaminase, anyway today i went to a private lab. to have this transglutaminase, b12, and ferritin... (i dont know why the doctors i've seen lately here have not mention any about the TSI lab?:aim33:
i am a "bit" scared, I have eyes issues, brain fog, dizziness, fuzziness, headache. but the eyes issues, like dry eye, puffiness, the strange " heavy eyelids", inflamation, etc. this eyes issues can also happen with Hypothyroid? (even i am with the tsh in 0.06 now??)

Andros, really thanks for all your support and help, thanks for all your knowledge and for share it![/SIZE]
hugs1 !!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,367 Posts
Atreya said:
Hi again! thanks for your answer.

well doctors...just the last years i can not have a general good opinion about many of them !

i will do the TSI lab very soon (it's kind expensive here this lab so i have to wait a little bit to do it :( )

The last Gastro-doctor i saw this week, decided to change my Novotiral dose to 50mcg per day (i was in 75-50mcg) and he told me that i am not celiac, he doesn´t think so.

Even he did not ran the Ab Antitransglutaminase, anyway today i went to a private lab. to have this transglutaminase, b12, and ferritin... (i dont know why the doctors i've seen lately here have not mention any about the TSI lab?:aim33:
i am a "bit" scared, I have eyes issues, brain fog, dizziness, fuzziness, headache. but the eyes issues, like dry eye, puffiness, the strange " heavy eyelids", inflamation, etc. this eyes issues can also happen with Hypothyroid? (even i am with the tsh in 0.06 now??)

Andros, really thanks for all your support and help, thanks for all your knowledge and for share it![/SIZE]
hugs1 !!
Yes; you can have eye problems with hypo. But I do think you are hyper and I know the TSI is expensive and I sure understand that. So, we will wait. I do think you are hyper.

Here is info on the eyes.
http://www.caleyes.com/webdocuments/...ease_paper.pdf

My mission is to help and hopefully make it a better world out there for all who suffer.

Keep the faith; we will get you well again.

Thanks for the hug. This one's for you!

 

·
Newbie
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hola Andros! Hope you are doing very well!
First let me say that i am afraid of doctors. Everytime i have to go with one, it's a (bad) surprise, and dont know really what else to expect, than keep reaching my goal to be health (hope) again.
I have my new labs of Ferritin, Vit. b12, and Antibodies AntiTransglutaminase. And again, the docs i've seen here they don't think i am anemic, but i know i am. (i think they should read the latest medical journals! grrrr!!)

And these days i've found a lab of a thyroid panel (it is from 2008!) and i would like to have your opinion(s) about this too, because i don't know how to read/interpret them, in that time 2008 they told me that nothing was wrong with my thyroid but i'd like to know your opinion to know if this lab was really "normal"?

Lately, i've been having pain in bones :( it feels like a flu bone pain.) And another doctor change the brand from Novothyral to Levotiroxine in the same dosage 75-50mcg. So i am taking again Levothyroxine (brand Eutirox)
__________________________
Here are the labs /2008/:
thyroid Panel:
CT3(T3 uptake): 0.43 range: 0.32-0.48
T3: 1.63 range: 1.34.2.73
T4: 93.64 range: 78.38- 157.40
Tirotrophin 2.33 range: 0.34-5.60
Tiroglobulin 14.65 range: 0.0-35.0
Ferritin: 26.1 range: 11-306.8
Reumathoid Factor: minus 20 range: 0-35
Hemoglobin: 14.8

30-March-2011
Ferritin: 19.7 range: 11.0-306.8
Vitamin b12: 299 range: 180-914
TG Antibody IgA (transglutaminase): minus 3
Range: negative -5; equivocal 5-8; positive: more 8.

well, my bones (in hands, arms, legs) ache, don't know what else to do, and again i am very scared of doctors. they don't help me too much.
so, any input, advice?...

Thank you very much! ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,367 Posts
Atreya said:
hola Andros! Hope you are doing very well!
First let me say that i am afraid of doctors. Everytime i have to go with one, it's a (bad) surprise, and dont know really what else to expect, than keep reaching my goal to be health (hope) again.
I have my new labs of Ferritin, Vit. b12, and Antibodies AntiTransglutaminase. And again, the docs i've seen here they don't think i am anemic, but i know i am. (i think they should read the latest medical journals! grrrr!!)

And these days i've found a lab of a thyroid panel (it is from 2008!) and i would like to have your opinion(s) about this too, because i don't know how to read/interpret them, in that time 2008 they told me that nothing was wrong with my thyroid but i'd like to know your opinion to know if this lab was really "normal"?

Lately, i've been having pain in bones :( it feels like a flu bone pain.) And another doctor change the brand from Novothyral to Levotiroxine in the same dosage 75-50mcg. So i am taking again Levothyroxine (brand Eutirox)
__________________________
Here are the labs /2008/:
thyroid Panel:
CT3(T3 uptake): 0.43 range: 0.32-0.48
T3: 1.63 range: 1.34.2.73
T4: 93.64 range: 78.38- 157.40
Tirotrophin 2.33 range: 0.34-5.60
Tiroglobulin 14.65 range: 0.0-35.0
Ferritin: 26.1 range: 11-306.8
Reumathoid Factor: minus 20 range: 0-35
Hemoglobin: 14.8

30-March-2011
Ferritin: 19.7 range: 11.0-306.8
Vitamin b12: 299 range: 180-914
TG Antibody IgA (transglutaminase): minus 3
Range: negative -5; equivocal 5-8; positive: more 8.

well, my bones (in hands, arms, legs) ache, don't know what else to do, and again i am very scared of doctors. they don't help me too much.
so, any input, advice?...

Thank you very much! ;)
Oh,my dear.................that ferritin is so so low. It should ideally be 50 to 100 and the closer to 100, the better!

Are you sure your bones hurt? Low ferritin can cause the muscles to hurt.

A ferritin level may also be ordered when iron overload is suspected. Symptoms of iron overload will vary from person to person and tend to worsen over time. They are due to iron accumulation in the blood and tissues. Symptoms may include:

Joint pain
Fatigue, weakness
Lack of energy
Abdominal pain
Loss of sex drive
Heart problems
http://www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/ferritin/test.html

And the 2008? The T3 and T4 are awfully low.

I am also very wary of doctors.

It is so good to hear from you!
 

·
Newbie
Joined
·
23 Posts
Thank you for your response!

yes, i've been feeling pain and like weak bones and like a cold feeling in my bones, i've been taking Magnesium tabs and it helps me some, but i dont know why i have this pain. i am afraid!! it has been getting down (the pain and weakness)... but i had also more of muscular numbness i know this feeling before but it had -some of it-dissapeared and now i have it again and very strong!! pfff, i dont know what to do and i am not sure that i am in/on the right levotiroxine dosage, and i don't know what's happening with my body. :( and my eyes are irritated again.

And what does it mean the t3 and t4? does it mean like a hypo or hyper state? in that time i felt ill, too.
i began to take a complex b , it is from GNC, it says "Big" http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2133342 i hope it helps me!

And i dont know about of buying Ferritin, i think i must be very careful with it, right? and i bought today a multivitamin Without Yodin (Yodo) but with Ginseng. http://www.pharmaton.com/com/com/content/product/adults/vitality/index.htm )

well, i feel bad for feeling ill. i hope i dont have anything wrong with my bones...:(

Thank you,
Atreya.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,367 Posts
Atreya said:
Thank you for your response!

yes, i've been feeling pain and like weak bones and like a cold feeling in my bones, i've been taking Magnesium tabs and it helps me some, but i dont know why i have this pain. i am afraid!! it has been getting down (the pain and weakness)... but i had also more of muscular numbness i know this feeling before but it had -some of it-dissapeared and now i have it again and very strong!! pfff, i dont know what to do and i am not sure that i am in/on the right levotiroxine dosage, and i don't know what's happening with my body. :( and my eyes are irritated again.

And what does it mean the t3 and t4? does it mean like a hypo or hyper state? in that time i felt ill, too.
i began to take a complex b , it is from GNC, it says "Big" http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2133342 i hope it helps me!

And i dont know about of buying Ferritin, i think i must be very careful with it, right? and i bought today a multivitamin Without Yodin (Yodo) but with Ginseng. http://www.pharmaton.com/com/com/content/product/adults/vitality/index.htm )

well, i feel bad for feeling ill. i hope i dont have anything wrong with my bones...:(

Thank you,
Atreya.
Go to nutrition and vitamin store and get liquid iron. Here is U.S., we have Floradix which comes in flavors. Follow instructions on the bottle. You must get that iron up.

More later. In a hurry this morning.

Huggles

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,367 Posts
Atreya said:
Thank you for your response!

yes, i've been feeling pain and like weak bones and like a cold feeling in my bones, i've been taking Magnesium tabs and it helps me some, but i dont know why i have this pain. i am afraid!! it has been getting down (the pain and weakness)... but i had also more of muscular numbness i know this feeling before but it had -some of it-dissapeared and now i have it again and very strong!! pfff, i dont know what to do and i am not sure that i am in/on the right levotiroxine dosage, and i don't know what's happening with my body. :( and my eyes are irritated again.

And what does it mean the t3 and t4? does it mean like a hypo or hyper state? in that time i felt ill, too.
i began to take a complex b , it is from GNC, it says "Big" http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2133342 i hope it helps me!

And i dont know about of buying Ferritin, i think i must be very careful with it, right? and i bought today a multivitamin Without Yodin (Yodo) but with Ginseng. http://www.pharmaton.com/com/com/content/product/adults/vitality/index.htm )

well, i feel bad for feeling ill. i hope i dont have anything wrong with my bones...:(

Thank you,
Atreya.
Total 3 is very low and that is of concern because the Total 3 is bound, unbound and rT3 (reverse) hormone.

FREE T3 is a test for unbound which is available for cellular uptake and is much more useful.

Total 4 is also horribly low (T3 and T4 are below mid-range which is not desirable) and that too is bound and unbound hormone.

With low totals and a TSH (tirothropin) in range, this is iffy. I say antibodies are making these labs look strangely.

Here is why the FREES are necessary.
understanding thyroid labs
http://www.amarillomed.com/howto/#Thyroid

Please be careful about taking herbs and such. Some of them can trigger antibodies and autoantibodies and make a person feel worse. Gingseng is one of them. The only Ginseng that does not is the White American Gingseng which is no longer available in the U.S.. White Amer. Gingseng supports but does not trigger.

I think and this is my humble opinion that you should put all "new" supplements and such aside, get that liquid iron, follow instructions and see what happens. Really, you may be in for a surprise.

Now mind you, this will not cure the thyroid problem but it will go a long way to better health. For one thing, Low ferritin impedes the efficacy of your thyroxine replacement (not getting full benefit.)

And I believe that is why you hurt so bad also.

Ferritin http://www.thewayup.com/newsletters/081504.htm

Please be sure to take your thyroxine 4 to 5 hours away from your iron supplement.

Let me know how you do. Most people w/thyroid antibodies do in fact have low iron. Low D also.
 

·
Newbie
Joined
·
23 Posts
Hello, Andros! I've tried to find the Floradix, but i didn't find it here, but what i found was: "ferricol" it is iron with folic acid (iron 600mg and Folic Acid 10mg). And thank you for the advice then i am not going to take the pharmaton. I took the iron in the afternoon. (6-7hours after the levotiroxine).

I have never done the Vit. D lab., the next time i will do it. It's funny because i was still i am but not like before, that i used to take the sun a lot, but when my skin started getting dry and wrinkled i stop it, now i think it was also by the self thyroid problem. maybe?

I have a question, why we with thyroid problems, can't absorb well the iron, vit d., etc?? why we have this nutritional deficiencies?? because it seems very common between us. i think.

i dont have today the bones-muscular pain/numbness!! Really i don't know why i have it sometimes.

thank you for the advice for the iron! i hope it helps me. And for the bones i am taking Magnesium tabs, i'm sure it has helped a lot for the bones pain. But i have to check the Vit.D as well. (and again -against- the doctors (sorry!), but they NEVER have sent me the labs to see this nutritional deficiencies!) ough!

Hugs, and i will keep you informed! : )
A.hugs3
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top