Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm 36 year old female and recently told through a routine blood screening that my tsh levels were high with normal Ft3 and Ft4 levels. My tsh was 7.2 and far as I know my thyroid levels have always been in the normal range. What could this mean? Doctor has me scheduled for an ultrasound next month because she wants to check for nodules. I have been feeling of my neck where the thyroid is and can't feel anything but I am not educated on what exactly is normal feeling or not. I suffer from health anxiety so I am really anxious about waiting. How worried should I be? Any feedback is appreciated

·
Registered
333 Posts
So I'm 36 year old female and recently told through a routine blood screening that my tsh levels were high with normal Ft3 and Ft4 levels. My tsh was 7.2 and far as I know my thyroid levels have always been in the normal range. What could this mean? Doctor has me scheduled for an ultrasound next month because she wants to check for nodules. I have been feeling of my neck where the thyroid is and can't feel anything but I am not educated on what exactly is normal feeling or not. I suffer from health anxiety so I am really anxious about waiting. How worried should I be? Any feedback is appreciated
You are on the edge of full hypothyroidism. Have them check for hashimotos disease (90 percent the cause of hypothyroidism). They need to test TPO antibodies and TG antibodies. Anxiety is related to both diseases. I wouldn't be too worried about it. Try to keep stress as low as possible. There are a few things you can do to improve things. Lower stress through meditation, yoga, warm baths. Eat less processed foods and added sugars. Exercise a little like walking 20 to 30 min a day. Get good sleep. Drink filtered water such as reverse osmosis. Lower chemicals in products you put on skin etc. Eat less soy if you eat a lot.

Are you cold usually, dry skin, tired and fatigued. Etc. If you have symptoms and a TSH around 7, they usually will start you on medication as a trial. I suggest avoiding generic if you can afford it. Name brand Sythroid or Tirosint often makes a big difference for people. The good news is you found things somewhat early. My TSH was 71 and low FT4 and very high antibodies. Sometimes lifestyle changes can make things go back to normal. But not always. Always get checked every 6 months even if things go back to normal.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are on the edge of full hypothyroidism. Have them check for hashimotos disease (90 percent the cause of hypothyroidism). They need to test TPO antibodies and TG antibodies. Anxiety is related to both diseases. I wouldn't be too worried about it. Try to keep stress as low as possible. There are a few things you can do to improve things. Lower stress through meditation, yoga, warm baths. Eat less processed foods and added sugars. Exercise a little like walking 20 to 30 min a day. Get good sleep. Drink filtered water such as reverse osmosis. Lower chemicals in products you put on skin etc. Eat less soy if you eat a lot.

Are you cold usually, dry skin, tired and fatigued. Etc. If you have symptoms and a TSH around 7, they usually will start you on medication as a trial. I suggest avoiding generic if you can afford it. Name brand Sythroid or Tirosint often makes a big difference for people. The good news is you found things somewhat early. My TSH was 71 and low FT4 and very high antibodies. Sometimes lifestyle changes can make things go back to normal. But not always. Always get checked every 6 months even if things go back to normal.

I will have to ask if they tested for antibodies. Besides fatigue I don't really have any of those symptoms, I handle the cold well. Thanks for suggestions

·
Registered
333 Posts
Some other things to check if you have hashimotos. B12, Vitamin D, Iron levels (4 iron tests) and ferritin. Actually, even if you don't have hashimotos it's worth checking for fatigue symptoms. If you're TSH is high without hashimotos, check Iodine intake (lack of Iodine causes hypothyroidism). Other possible causes are heavy metal exposure.

·
Super Moderator
6,646 Posts
Chocolateplease,
" tsh levels were high with normal Ft3 and Ft4 levels "

Can you please post your FT-3 and FT-4 results with ranges?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts