Thyroid Disease Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All!

Hope everyone reading is having a good week! It's chilly in Philly, winter is in full effect!

Wanted to join the forum because I have been struggling alot lately. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's a long while ago, at times it will get better, but it always gets worse after. My endo has told me I am fine at this point, try dieting. Although I am on board with that, I have been reading about thyroid diets and almost all of the information points towards gluten free. Which makes my heart sad because I love pizza and beer on a Friday night after a long week. In the end if the sacrifice needs to be made, it will be! Has anyone gone GF? Any recommendations?

Also, curious if anyone suffering from Hashi has additional autoimmune issues. I do. Not sure how common that is.

Thank you all for your time. I look forward to hearing from the community and learning more about this disease from others going through it as well.

Best,

Aileen

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I think its really important to determine if you have gluten sensitivity before dropping gluten. It does often happen -- people with autoimmune thyroid disease can sometimes have other autoimmune reactions.

Some posters have really been thrilled with the results of a gluten-free diet. I'm not one of them and I have some...questions about the whole gluten-free thing. But if you want to try and and it works for you, go for it!

My honest guess, though? You probably aren't properly medicated. If you want, share your most lab work history and medications and we can help. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi amcguigan,

I too was told "take this Synthyroid and you'll be fine" but I am now hearing a lot about AIP and Gluten/dairy free. I too am a massive fan of Beer and Pizza but I am now coming to the realisation that it's my health or the pizza... :sick0025:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts