Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
This is my first visit to this board and first post! I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced similar feelings to me. I’ve been a healthy 42 year old until about 8 weeks ago when I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism (TSH was 5.83). I was feeling a bit tired and had a weird feeling in my chest (not painful), but felt almost a sense of nervousness and also felt I couldn’t swallow (eventhough I could just fine). It was like my brain was telling me I couldn’t swallow. I’ve never been a nervous person nor have I ever felt anxiety. When I got the diagnosis of hyperthyroidism, my doctor said the thyroid issues could be contributing to what I was feeling. Fast forward 8 weeks and I feel more miserable today. I’ve been on Levothyroxine (25 mcg) since my diagnosis. I have a constant pressure in my chest now - not painful, but I certainly feel more pressure. I can still take a deep breath, so no shortness of breath. The pressure is almost constant…if I start feeling myself getting stressed for whatever reason, I feel the pressure worse and I start getting a fast heartbeat and palpitations. I’ve had this come on even when I’m not stressing. It’s just random on most days. I’m wondering if these feelings are possibly the result of fluctuating thyroid levels maybe? Curious if anyone has experienced anything similar? Thank you for listening (virtually)!

·
Super Moderator
6,646 Posts
Are you hypo or hyper? Levothyroxine would be prescribed for a hypothyroid person. Your symptoms are hyper.

DO you have any thyroid labs with ranges you could post?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts