Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from west Texas. In January 2017, my new PCP found a large nodule on the left lobe of my thyroid - 7 cm at the time. Fast forward to today and it's now 9 cm and I'm scheduled for a total thyroidectomy in Dallas on August 24th. I've since been diagnosed with Hashimoto's (>500 IU) although my TSH is "normal". Hoping this is the reason I'm having so many symptoms - fatigue, weight gain, sore throat etc. I'm glad I found these boards - helpful information - thank you! Any pre/post-surgery advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the responses! I think the word one of the doctors used to describe my nodule was "ginormous". Not sure that's a medical term. :) I'm just glad it's finally time to have it taken out - I've been complaining about a sore throat and earache for years maybe this will finally give me an answer! I will be sure to ask for the free T3 and free T4 test. I will be in the hospital for 24-48 hours after surgery - they will start the replacement hormone the day after surgery. Good tips for the hospital stay - I've never been in the hospital except for 2 really easy deliveries, so this will be an experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts