Thyroid Disease Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Im new here and Im looking forward to communicating with others who are healing and dealing with their thyroid naturally.

I was just diagnosed Hypo Hashimotos and anemic

I am doing all natural changes and diet. I have already implemented a lot of these things before my diagnosis, so in some areas I was on the right track but had no idea it was my Thyroid and that never was on the radar and my last physical was 2 yrs ago, I was sure I was PCOS but dr checked my thyroid and hormones and said Nope.

But I suspect I was and have been for some time

Im seeking out a Naturopath /Functional Medicine practicioner, doing my search as we speak, but do have a dr who diagnosed me and did all my blood work and sent me for an ultra sound on friday

Im following Dr Izabella Wentz materials, and prior to that I was watching Chris Beat Cancer and we changed a lot of our diet for preventive cancer measures in our home after watching his Cancer series.

I have been Gluten free for a few yrs and new gluten gave me digestion and bloating issues

Sugar has made me feel like garbage and has always been a weakness of mine but now its not even worth it for me, the way it makes me feel got to a point where it wasnt worth it anymore, so Ive weaned back on that

Im not a Coffee or Caffiene drinker so thats not been an issue for me

I juice and have for yrs, but slacked off this past yr, so Im back on board to drinking fresh juices from my juicer daily, a lot of vegetables, salads, beans, quinoa

I also have eliminated Dairy, I had cut back the past yr or so(I was always a milk drinker) I havent had it for mos, and so now Im taking a break from eggs and cheese, butter

Also Im cutting back my meat intake, we used to eat meat with almost every meal and I dont think that is good either, so eating it less, maybe once or twice a week and we only eat organic quality meats.

Ive added a bunch of supplements to my aresenal, Ive always been a vitamin person, but Im learning a lot of things are important with Hashimotos....

So adding in some missing holes...

About a year ago I got rid of all my beauty products for natural product ones, as our laundry soaps ,toothpastes, female products, etc

And I have done Parasite and Colon Cleanses in the past, but its been over a yr so we are set to do another my husband and I.

So looking forward to hearing from the rest of you!

Also removing stress from my life, practicing forgiveness and not holding onto anger and bitterness, and I also want to get back into an exercise routine, that I have slacked on also.

Its time to take care of my health

·
Super Moderator
6,606 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Do you have any lab's with ranges you could share?

WHat thyroid hormone replacement medication are you currently taking?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not taking any meds, was just diagnosed in Feb, she asked me what I wanted at that appt, I had 5 min to decide and didnt know a thing so have been doing research, she gave me a prescription for Synthroid but I didnt pick it up. But I could have gotten the dessicated pig one,

I have an appt Monday with an Integrative Dr who specializes in treating Hashimotos.

I had a heck of a time getting my labs and medical records from my previous Drs office, wow!

I never cared before being diagnosed Hypo/Hashi to see my labs, Drs never went over them with me before, just told Im "Fine", never again, when you go to your appt, get a copy then and there before you leave.

You would think since we pay for them we should be able to get a copy easily. Nope, Im 6 hrs away from where I was diagnosed, so they said they could send them over to a Dr ( I didnt have one here out of state yet)

So I then find a Dr

I was given the fax number to send the form to the medical records dept, spoke to the girl at the office, drove over to Fed Ex to fax a form myself(as they kept saying I needed to send the Dr form, not the Dr office????) I get to fed ex to fax and there fax number is busy! I try over and over ,call the office, and they are at lunch and get their exchange, the woman does give me a fax number, doesnt know the one I have, so I fax it, call my Dr Im seeing Monday to go over all my history, and they also fax an additonal copy from there office (so I have it covered either way)

Then after I put in the request form for my medical records (and the dr office faxed it also) Silence for 4 days

I ended up calling and was told "Well we dont have to reply for 30 days?" good grief! But the woman said "I will go do it right now for you" as I have been trying to get my hands on them, had a friend and signed a form, called the office to get her to pickup weeks ago for me and how to go about it via there office gal, then later told No the day my friend goes in, then they had to go around the office and said the girl who said that could be fired, Your allowed to release your records to someone you list in your file, But I cant fax or mail it to the office, I have to do the form in person, which once again, Im 6 hrs away, what a pain!

I still have never seen my ultra sounds or my last lab, nobody called me to tell me what was on them, I had to bug the office, so I will be curious Monday to see what they sent at my appt (as they sent them end of day yesterday after I bugged them again)

And will see how working with an Integrative Dr is, hes big on Focusing on Autoimmune, that is the root of the issue, not thyroid, our immune system is attacking our thyroid and hes about getting to the root cause of what is causing your body to that.

·
Super Moderator
6,606 Posts
Your office is giving you a hard time - you have the right to get copies of your lab results. My doctors office calls me then mails me the original lab copies. They also have it online but there are no actual ranges - only a pre populated range with a dot where I fall in range.

It's not their "norm" to do this but I insist and if they want my business they need to comply with my request. I have ever actual lab copy since my original DX 13 years ago and can tell you they often told me "normal" when actually I was hypo or even hyper.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Okay I went to my appt today with the integrative Dr and finally got to see my last labs from my other dr that were faxed to him Thurs after me bugging the office once again

(these were done 3 wks after my initial diagnosis)

He looked at it and said "I dont see any Hashimotos here" and was also baffled I was prescribed Synthroid.

Just an update how this all went down, I went in for a yearly physical, no suspicion of thyroid issues, I had a UTI and it was verified, she ran labs as usual.

I get a call the day Im leaving California to come back as there is something wrong on my labs, I said Im heading out of state(I live in a diff state, but Im there every 4 mos or so in Ca and this is my long time Dr so I felt comfortable going there) They said they cant tell me by phone as its a Hippa violation and I have to schedule an appt.

By the way, at the physical appt, The Dr talked to me like a first time patient and introduced herself that way? I said Ive been coming to you for years. They made me fill out new paperwork at first, I said Im not a new patient but I hadnt been in in over a yr so I had to redo it all. Annoying as they said they moved all files from past a yr off site,

I was told by phone that I had some abnormal results and needed to come in, they could not tell me by phone, which upset me and I explained my situation (plus I was dealing with my Moms death and the reason why I was there) so I had to sit with anxiety for weeks wondering what,

Go back, am told Im anemic, hypothyroid and hashimotos. Am told to get an ultra sound done, say its urgent when I go so the results can be back before I leave California. I do as told, am prescribed Synthroid then and told to go get it but not take it until after the ultra sound to make sure there is no other issue.

Never hear another word, no labs info as she ordered more labs when I returned. I have to call and call, 3 times and leave messages at the office for a status of things. We even spoke in the office the day I came in and told her how they wouldnt tell me what was wrong by phone and she apologized and made a note in my file to call me with results. Nothing.

Finally get a call, not the dr, a nurse in the office said everything was the same on my labs, just my anemia was worse, and to start on synthroid, and to come back in 6 mos for another ultrasound and check on things.

Had had a heck of a time from there getting my labs to see what she ran the second go around.

And I finally got to see them today at the Integrative Drs office

Here is what they read

TSH 1.462 range 0.340-5.600

Free T4 1.1 0.8-1.9

Free T3 3.12 2.3-4.2

Thyroglobulin Antibody <20 Range <40

Thyroid Perioxidase AB <10 Range <35

The Dr even made a note of a NEGATIVE symbol next to my Thyroglobulin which seems to say IM NEGATIVE for it and Integrative Dr said your Thyroglobulin is your biggest telltale sign of Hashis

He said none of my labs indicate Hashimotos, and mind you this is only 3 wks after being diagnosed initially and not taking any thyroid meds

Sooo ummmm ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts