Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I’m so frustrated! I don’t know what to do next and would love any input/advice.

For the last 6 months or so I’ve been struggling with intense fatigue (like, fell asleep on the side of the road while out for a walk kind of fatigue). I’ve been having other symptoms as well - cold hands and feet, digestive problems, anxiety, etc - so I finally decided to see my doctor. My family has a history of thyroid trouble so my mom recommended I get some bloodwork done.

I received my bloodwork results over two weeks ago and my doctor is ignoring my calls and messages with questions about the results. Wondering if the results (below) warrant finding a new doc? Or if I should patiently wait for my doc to get back to me? In the meantime, I’m feeling worse by the day.

Thank you!

TSH: .64 [ref: .47 - 4.68 uIU/mL]
Free T4: .8 [ref: .8 - 2.2 ng/dL]
Free T3: 2.8 [ref: 2.8 - 5.3 pg/mL]
Total T3: 129 [ref: 97 - 169 ng/dL]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone,

I’m so frustrated! I don’t know what to do next and would love any input/advice.

For the last 6 months or so I’ve been struggling with intense fatigue (like, fell asleep on the side of the road while out for a walk kind of fatigue). I’ve been having other symptoms as well - cold hands and feet, digestive problems, anxiety, etc - so I finally decided to see my doctor. My family has a history of thyroid trouble so my mom recommended I get some bloodwork done.

I received my bloodwork results over two weeks ago and my doctor is ignoring my calls and messages with questions about the results. Wondering if the results (below) warrant finding a new doc? Or if I should patiently wait for my doc to get back to me? In the meantime, I’m feeling worse by the day.

Thank you!

TSH: .64 [ref: .47 - 4.68 uIU/mL]
Free T4: .8 [ref: .8 - 2.2 ng/dL]
Free T3: 2.8 [ref: 2.8 - 5.3 pg/mL]
Total T3: 129 [ref: 97 - 169 ng/dL]
That's great you got the results already. It sounds like some aspect of your doctor's office is digital at least. I'm assuming you got these results by signing into your account on your health carrier's webpage. If you have a big health carrier that allows you to see another doctor, that's what I would do. I'm having issues too. I called my doctor's office and found out he doesn't have openings until October, so I am going to see another doctor in September. You just need a doctor to interpret the results, right? It doesn't necessarily have to be your personal doctor. And a medical doctor might be able to answer more questions than we can -- and proceed with more tests.

·
Super Moderator
6,660 Posts
smg4990,

Do you have your thyroid? What was your initial diagnosis? What replacement hormone do you take and what dose?

Your FT-4 and FT-3 as well as total 3 should you are under medicated. Your low TSH suggests you have stimulating antibodies. The goal for GT labs is to be minimum 1/2 of range up to 3/4 range, depending on how you are feeling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
smg4990,

Do you have your thyroid? What was your initial diagnosis? What replacement hormone do you take and what dose?

Your FT-4 and FT-3 as well as total 3 should you are under medicated. Your low TSH suggests you have stimulating antibodies. The goal for GT labs is to be minimum 1/2 of range up to 3/4 range, depending on how you are feeling.
Thanks for your reply! I do have my thyroid - I don’t have a diagnosis, so I’m also not on any medication.

·
Super Moderator
6,660 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts