Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter is 23 and diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer a couple of months ago. Her TT is scheduled for Dec. 20th. Here is the info we know presently from pathology and original ultrasound reports - (which size of node differs a little from original ultrasound which was not biopsy) the sonogram of the neck showed a 2.5 X 1.3 X 1.9 cm heterogeneous nodule. The Isthmus is normal in size, measuring 2.5 mm. No significant masses are noted. No adjacent lymphadenopathy is detected.

Pathology report showed -
. Right thyroid w/o nodules
. Left thyroid with nodule - size - 1.44 X 1.07 X 1.58 cm

I'm totally freaking out - can't sleep - sure can eat to the tune of gaining lots of weight during these last couple of months. Need help understanding the findings. Can anyone do that?

Looking forward to getting all this over. Been the worst time of my life. My daughter is in denial I think, although she says she's not and didn't want to come onto the forum. She's different than me in that respect - I run to forums. Thank you.

·
12 Posts
I can't help understanding the findings - I was just diagnosed with Graves' Disease within the past week, so I'm still learning. I did want to say that I wish your daughter well, and that I'm sure someone hear will be able to help you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.