Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm new here, and am so excited to be with a group of people that relate to my own experience. I have a long, interesting story about my discovery, but won't get into that now.

I had my second ultrasound done in the last 2 weeks and managed to snatch a copy of the report from my GP's office. It reads the following below:

----------------------------------
Thyroid ultrasound with Doppler. Doppler to show flow to lobes and to any measured nodule.

History: Followup thyroid nodule.

Comparison study: Thyroid ultrasound 5/3/2013

Thyroid isthmus: 0.3cm

The right thyroid lobe measures 1.8 x 2.0 x 5.2 cm. The echotexture is homogeneous. The Doppler flow is average.

The left thyroid lobe measures 2.1 x 1.7 x 4.5 cm. The echotexture is homogeneous. The Doppler flow is average.

Right lobe nodules
1. Posterior lower pole: 3.3 x 1.7 x 1.2 cm (previously partially visualized measuring 1.2 x 1.4 cm) ill defined region of hypoechogenicity with a small area of vascularity. No calcifications or hypervascularity.

Left lobe nodules:
None.

Lymph nodes:
None seen.

Posterior extrathyroidal masses question parathyroid masses:
None.

Impression: Ill-defined confluent, hypoechogenic region in the posterior lower pole of the right thyroid lobe appears increased in size since prior examination. This is of indeterminate etiology, however may represent confluent hypoechoic nodules; alternative consideration includes atypical focal thyroidits. Recommend correlation with thyroid function tests and short-term followup in 2-3 months.
----------------------------------

I've done loads of research on the key terms throughout the report and must say that it's quite a complicated report. I've been referred to an endocrinologist here, who is the only one in the entire country. I've been put on for JANUARY the 17th... I know, so far away. But I managed to phone the office and ask for a earlier appointment, and they put me on the cancellation list.

If anyone has any advice or insight on the report of the situation, I'd rather appreciate it.

Thanks!

Chris :hugs:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.