Thyroid Disease Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Hello all

We are done with the software change. Clearly we will fill in some things we as we look into the change 100% from one end to the other.

Issues:

1) Signatures will have to be added again by each members wanting one.

2) We lost posts for about 24 hours. This would have happened no matter how we did it. We thought we would not lose any, but did. Hind sight we would have just shut the board down for 24 hours.

We will be adding articles soon to the homepage. Right now it is just recent posts. We will add back some ads, and maybe tweak some other basic items.

This board has many features as well, we will try and make positive tweaks as we explore it all.

PLEASE post here any issues you may see. Thanks in advance for your support.

Sorry if this caused any inconveniences.

:)

Thanks

Kevin

·
Premium Member
19,367 Posts
Hello all

We are done with the software change. Clearly we will fill in some things we as we look into the change 100% from one end to the other.

Issues:

2) We lost posts for about 24 hours. This would have happened no matter how we did it. We thought we would not lose any, but did. Hind sight we would have just shut the board down for 24 hours.

We will be adding articles soon to the homepage. Right now it is just recent posts. We will add back some ads, and maybe tweak some other basic items.

This board has many features as well, we will try and make positive tweaks as we explore it all.

Thanks

Kevin
Hello all

Issues:

Thanks

Kevin
It is lovely and will put my brain cells to work getting familiar but I do like challenges and again; it is just awesome.

·
Super Moderator
6,606 Posts
Issues:

My signature was in my profile - I changed it slightly and then it appeared again. You do not have to completely re-type your signature to make it show up again.

I didn't like the outline of a man so I added a picture I took i - how cool that I caught a butterfly in the middle of the frame when I snapped.

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
Kevin, another forum I visit has a cool button on the right side of the screen...actually, it's two buttons - an up arrow and a down arrow. They enable you to go to the top or bottom of the screen at any time without scrolling. Is that an option with the new software?

Lovlkn, that's a great photo!!!

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Two questions:

1) If I try to log in on my phone or tablet, I get a "fatal error" message and cannot access the boards. BUt on my laptop, its fine. Is the new software inaccessible to mobile devices?

2) If I click "view new content," it consistently says that there is no new content, even though I can see new posts by navigating through the boards. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
joplin, for your question #2, I had the same issue...I like to just quickly see what's new, so I was using that button and getting the same message. But there's an easy solution...after you click that "View new content" button, look on the left side for "By Content Type" (or something close to that) and click "Forums." That will give you the view you're wanting. Now, if I could figure out how to make that view permanent...

·
Super Gold Veteran
548 Posts
Wow! I go out of town for a few days and you guys rearrange the furniture!! :D It's going to take a bit to get used to, but I *think* I like it. :)

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
joplin, for your question #2, I had the same issue...I like to just quickly see what's new, so I was using that button and getting the same message. But there's an easy solution...after you click that "View new content" button, look on the left side for "By Content Type" (or something close to that) and click "Forums." That will give you the view you're wanting. Now, if I could figure out how to make that view permanent...
Ah, thank you!!!

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey all

Mobile issue fixed, you probably see that. Octavia, I like that idea let me me see what I can do...

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey all and OCTAVIA, look at the bottom right corner of the site when viewing a thread as you go down and you will see a BACK TO THE TOP button now :)

That should help....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts