Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
It's virtually impossible to answer your question (as it relates specifically to you) without labs.

That said, speaking generally, people can and do skip one day a week. I was told the real issue is the total amount of t4 you get in one week.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Those TSH results are way, way too high.

Reactions: Lovlkn

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
How are they too high? Some people have them way higher, even in the hundreds.
Well, yes. I've had TSH in the 100s. And in the 70s and 40s and 20s, etc etc etc. Just b/c I had those results doesn't mean they were good. That's sort of like wondering why its bad to fail a class when other people have failed the class too.

The American Thyroid Association says that TSH should not be above 3.0. Research has shown that keeping TSH suppressed (that is, on the lower end of the scale) slows down the progression of the disease. Therefore, most of us say you should aim for TSH to be around 1.0. And, again, we'd also argue that TSH is good for initial diagnostic testing but isn't really that useful for "dialing in" the correct dose.

You really need to have complete and regular lab work done.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I can imagine passing out during blood tests is unpleasant at best, but...its required for thyroid meds.

You need TSH, free t4 and free t3.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
There is no known cause of hashi's nor is there any known fixes.

I would wait for your free t3 test results before making any changes.

Reactions: thybo

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I think if you feel there is merit to those kinds of articles, go for it! I'm completely supportive of people taking control of their health.

There is so little concrete scientific evidence that any of those issues listed are "really" the cause of Hashi's that I chose to focus on keeping my labs in a good place. But that works for me and this thread isn't about me. :)

Reactions: thybo

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I had Hashi's and antibodies related to Grave's. It's basically hashitoxicosis, although you are likely at the beginning of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts