Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I have had a multi-nodular thyroid and goiter for many years. I've had to fight every step of the way for the doctors to keep an eye on things. Finally last week I lost it with my consultant, I have a cyst in my left lobe and for months I've been in a lot off pain and feeling really ill. He brought up my ultrasound and was telling me how everything looked ok and I basically was talking crap about the symptoms. He then changed the view and low and behold he was shocked, my trachea was in completely the wrong place, the swelling had pushed it right out off place! So I'm off for surgery within the month! I'm relieved, tired, feeling crap and angry! I now have to do battle to get the rest off my body scanned, I've been having breast, armpit and back pain for years which has also been dismissed even though my mum, sister and aunt died from cancer and my cousin has Leukaemia!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys! I have had a multi-nodular thyroid and goiter for many years. I've had to fight every step of the way for the doctors to keep an eye on things. Finally last week I lost it with my consultant, I have a cyst in my left lobe and for months I've been in a lot off pain and feeling really ill. He brought up my ultrasound and was telling me how everything looked ok and I basically was talking crap about the symptoms. He then changed the view and low and behold he was shocked, my trachea was in completely the wrong place, the swelling had pushed it right out off place! So I'm off for surgery within the month! I'm relieved, tired, feeling crap and angry! I now have to do battle to get the rest off my body scanned, I've been having breast, armpit and back pain for years which has also been dismissed even though my mum, sister and aunt died from cancer and my cousin has Leukaemia!
Hi,
I am sorry you have been experiencing this. But I'm glad you were able to finally get a doctor to hear you. I am a fairly confident person but if my doctor shuts me down or discounts what I am saying it is really hard to keep focus.

I am having a similar issue. I have four nodules on my thyroid. The pressure is intense sometimes I have difficulty swallowing but my endocrinologist says the nodules are 'barely' visible on the ultrasound. And if I was thin (about 115lbs) no one would notice them. I don't really care if someone across the room notices them - I didn't feel that she was listening to me or taking me seriously.
:)
Are you scheduled for your surgery yet? I don't have any advice I just related to your post.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,
I am sorry you have been experiencing this. But I'm glad you were able to finally get a doctor to hear you. I am a fairly confident person but if my doctor shuts me down or discounts what I am saying it is really hard to keep focus.

I am having a similar issue. I have four nodules on my thyroid. The pressure is intense sometimes I have difficulty swallowing but my endocrinologist says the nodules are 'barely' visible on the ultrasound. And if I was not thin (about 115lbs) no one would notice them. I don't really care if someone across the room notices them - I didn't feel that she was listening to me or taking me seriously.
:)
Are you scheduled for your surgery yet? I don't have any advice I just related to your post.
Sorry that should be if I was not thin no one would notice the nodules.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts