Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

In the last 3 weeks or so I've been feeling verrrry hypo. The only thing that was different is maybe a change in my diet- I ate alllll the things in Nov and Dec, whereas I usually limit dairy, gluten, and some grain. I also have been having more edibles.

Anyone else notice they get more hypo if you eat more crappy foods?
I am SO tired, feel a decline in my mood, and gained a few pounds despite my walks and HIIT workouts.

And yes my vit D levels and iron are all good...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had no changes after the first 2 shots. Felt great actually. I did get a booster in early Dec so maybe....
I talked with my provider (a pharmacist actually) and he said he believes its the food. He said he gets tons of calls around this time of year where ppl feel extra tired from eating all of the crap.
I hope to keep seeing some improvements in my energy and weight over the next few weeks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
While good nutrition is very important (I would never say it is not), I find that what I eat has only a small effect on my well being. Diet and exercise are not, and have never been "cure-all's". Diseases, especially autoimmune, can be relapsing-remitting and people often notice cycles of wellness/disability. I certainly do have such cycles, and so far, I've not found any triggers. I'm an engineer, pilot and tech, so I understand the scientific method, and I do my best to apply these methods to "troubleshooting" my issues. This much I do know, each down cycle leads to a general decline in my overall health. I visualize a graph that mirrors stock market volatility in a down market.

On a down cycle, I will typically go-downhill during the day, and stay down for week to 3 months. It used to be that I could have many months of feeling normal before another downturn and started to honestly believe that I've somehow returned to normal. Now, I rarely feel normal during my best days. But the good news is that I take prednisone and generally recover faster too.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that stinks. I don't have an autoimmune so not sure why I'd have a sudden downturn...
Note: been feeling some more energy the last 10 days or so :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Felt a TON better by February :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts