Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,367 Posts
Understanding the Thyroid: Why You Should Check Your Free T3
http://breakingmuscle.com/health-medicine/understanding-thyroid-why-you-should-check-your-free-t3
(Copy and paste into your browser)

Dr. Mercola (FREES)
http://www.mercola.com/article/hypothyroid/diagnosis_comp.htm
(Copy and paste into your browser)

Free T3 and Free T4 are the only accurate measurement of the actual active thyroid hormone levels in the body. This is the hormone that is actually free and exerting effect on the cells. These are the thyroid hormones that count.

Have you had a FREE T3 test?

·
Premium Member
19,367 Posts
You definitely need an increase in your exogenous T3. Most definitely. TSH is no longer the dosing criteria. Your FREE T3 is very very low. Most of us like our FREE T3 to be in the upper half of the range provided by your lab for that test.

Your TSH will stay suppressed; have no fear about that.

Hugs,

·
Premium Member
19,367 Posts
What happens is usually the T4 builds up and converts to rT3 (reverse T3) and that makes a person feel really really bad.

So, it is good that you lowered the T4.

The proper balance is 38 mcg. (T4) to every 9 mcg. (T3.) So you can see why you may be in trouble here. I require 3 1/2 grains of Armour daily. That is 31 mcgs. of T3 for me. I am 71, female, proper weight and very active.

·
Premium Member
19,367 Posts
Some where around that allowing for differences in each individual. But you don't go straight on up to 30 mcgs. of T3. Tiny increments of say 15 mcgs every 8 weeks until things are where you want then to be and you are feeling quite well which by the way will take some time as you have been horribly ill.

Even when your FREE T3 is in the upper 75% of the range as provided by your lab for that test, it can take some months for the body to realize it is getting better. But it will heal; it sure will. You cannot heal w/o the proper amount of T3/FT3 in your body. T3 is life sustaining.

Hugs,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts