Thyroid Disease Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everywhere I have read that there are really no symptoms of thyroid cancer. Anecdotally, though, I read how people felt a common list of complaints, most similar to those of hypothyroidism. I certainly have felt like crap for a couple of years: hair loss, brittle nails, dry skin, pain all over, and increasing, debilitating exhaustion. These were surely a symptom of something.

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
Oh, h-e-double-L. I had symptoms. My voice hurt for a couple of years. My throat felt crowded. And looking back, I thought it was completely normal to be visiting with my in-laws and sneak off to a bedroom for a nap. As in...I simply could not stay awake to actually visit with them. That should have been embarrassing, but I really had no choice, so it felt completely normal. I think.

Anyway...that was 5 years ago, and I haven't taken a nap at anyone else's house since. :)

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I think usually the thinking is that the thyroid cancer itself is symptom-less, but that thyroid dysfunction usually associated with Hashi's or Graves, which often goes hand in hand with cancer DOES cause symptoms.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts