Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a friend Who is 37 suffers from concentration problems, severe anxiety, complains of hearing loss, has irregular periods where she won’t have them for long periods of time or has very heavy periods, thinning hair, mood swings, hot flashes, and problems sleeping, and at one point she was thirsty all the time. Her doctor at one point had her on thyroid medications for hypothyroidism at one point but it didn’t seem to improve anything and eventually the doctor told her her thyroid levels were ok and she could stop taking the medication, she has suffered with learning problems since she was a child. I suggested she see a endocrinologist who didn’t seem to find anything but I’m not sure what she told that doctor. So my question is could she have a thyroid issue that they are not catching?

·
Super Moderator
6,646 Posts
Do you have thyroid lab and reanges prior to the change and recent thyroid labs and ranges you can post? When a doctor says thyroid levels are OK they mean "in range" and "in range" can mean low range.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sadly no, I don’t think they gave her the ranges, but can’t say for sure, she has been suffering with issues her whole life, it’s just gotten worse, she is too nervous to be proactive, and ask questions about her health, she doesn’t want to believe there is anything wrong with her yet she complains to me about symptoms, but when it comes to doctors she tells them very little. I think I’m going to just give up on helping her, it stresses me out, and she tells me I’m putting her down, when I try to bring up she should bring these issues up with the doctors. It’s like she doesn’t want to believe she has a problem, lately she is complaining of head aches and thinks she is going through menopause, which I tried to tell her can be from an endocrine issues, but I can’t keep this up I’m just about to stop talking to her, I can’t help some one who won’t listen to me. I tried to tell her to take me with her to the doctors so I could explain all of her symptoms that’s she try’s down playing or not mentioning at all, but she is convinced there is no help for her and I just can’t keep arguing with her. Thanks for trying to help but i guess it’s pointless. Her family just thinks she is crazy, but I believe she just hasn’t gotten the right help. It’s really sad, but I guess she’s never going get the help she needs, i really wanted to help, but I’m just overwhelmed, she makes it so difficult.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts