Thyroid Disease Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Gold Veteran
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this on youtube today

I used to be a part of you and together we endured.
Through thick and thin our love has been everlasting and assured.
But suddenly you've forgotten me and my heart is now a void.
Oh no, and no longer can I be your thyroid.
I try to think about the thing that I possibly could have done,
To make you take me out of you and then go out on the run.
I never rocked the boat when I lived inside your throat,
And you never seemed annoyed.
Oh no, but longer can I be your thyroid.
I guess no longer can I be your thyroid.

G

·
mememe said:
Found this on youtube today

I used to be a part of you and together we endured.
Through thick and thin our love has been everlasting and assured.
But suddenly you've forgotten me and my heart is now a void.
Oh no, and no longer can I be your thyroid.
I try to think about the thing that I possibly could have done,
To make you take me out of you and then go out on the run.
I never rocked the boat when I lived inside your throat,
And you never seemed annoyed.
Oh no, but longer can I be your thyroid.
I guess no longer can I be your thyroid.
Too Cute!! For All of us that have to deal with thyroid problemsat least we have a special song!

·
Super Gold Veteran
1,022 Posts
:anim_03:We now have a theme song, huh?

I'd almost forgotten about it but somewhere on YouTube there either is or used to be a video of a woman having a fine needle biopsy on her thyroid and all the while she was giggling. :ashamed0003:

·
31 Posts
Sometimes we need a song to cheer us up!! :D Thissong and other silly pictures made my anxiety a little less especially when I was at my lowest point! :) xx

·
Super Gold Veteran
2,766 Posts
I thought it was funny too. I think a sense of humor helps out in most situations.

·
Super Gold Veteran
1,022 Posts
I will be expecting you guys to produce something special like that for me when I have my surgery. ;)

Talking about a sense of humor, several years ago a rather impressive Family Clinic opened near my home so I thought I'd try to find a doctor there. I cannot remember how I got hooked-up with the physician I'm fixing to tell you about but it was the craziest medical experience of my life.

The guy was like Patch Adams on steroids! He was likable but so absurdly silly that I couldn't make heads or tails out of most of what he said...he even drew childish pictures to make a point about something. I was dumbfounded - I liked the way the clinic functioned, the location, etc., but I didn't know if I could learn to tolerate the doctor or not.

He scheduled a couple of routine tests, lab work, etc. I had my yearly mammogram there that year and a few days later this doctor's P.A. called to tell me there was a terrible, terrible problem - I had huge, suspicious masses in both breasts. Breast cancer runs rampant in my family, I was beside myself with anxiety. The P.A. said I had to have a more involved mammogram and I was going to have to wait a week or so for an appointment.

When I returned for the second mammogram the radiologist was literally scrutinizing my previous pictures on a light box and she asked me why I was there? I've never seen a healthcare professional lose their temper but that woman did - what the P.A. saw and told me were "suspicious lumps" were SHADOWS! :aim25: She apologized for the stress I'd endured and said there was no excuse for anyone to misread mammogram results that stupidly and she "would take care of it" with the P.A. and doctor.

Needless to say, I never went back - I have a strong sense of humor but it was a L-O-N-G time before I stopped thinking about everything that had gone wrong at that clinic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts