Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends! I'm hoping someone may be able to provide some insight or similar experience.

I was diagnosed with Hashi's years ago and have been on levothyroxine at varying doses since then for hypothyroid symptoms. Most recently I was on 100 mcg l-thyroxine, and my doctor had added 10 mcg liothyronine because I was still feeling tired. I can't say I really felt much of a difference with the liothyronine, but I kept taking it anyway.

I recently switched providers (simply due to location/commuting convenience), she ordered labs and they came back TSH = 0.1 (norm range 0.4 - 4.1) and free T4 = 0.9 (norm range 0.8 - 1.9). So my TSH is in the hyperthyroid range but for the past few weeks I've been having increasing fatigue and brain fog.

So she had me stop the liothyronine and increased my l-thyroxine dose to 137 mcg. I asked her why I was having hypothyroid symptoms with such low TSH and she didn't really have an answer for me. Has anyone experienced this before or have any ideas about what could be going on?

Thanks so much in advance! :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts