1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
36 Posts
Going out in the sun is the best way to 'naturally' produce more vitamin D, since the sun gives it to you naturally.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Going out in the sun is all fine and good, but up here in the winter it is nearly impossible to get a daily dose of sunshine. Sun rises at 8:30, sets at 4:30. Cloudy most days, and you are so bundled up due to the -20 F that no sunlight is getting in.

Hmm, I wonder what the solution would be...other than moving, lol. Tanning beds? That carries its own risk.

The fact that increasing levels with supplements may exacerbate autoimmune is worrisome.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got my D naturally for decades but had to get out of the Sun as I've aged. I've been taking D3 since 2006 when I found how LOW I was thru labs. Now there is this noise about D3 and rat poison.

WIsh this were an active group.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I got my D naturally for decades but had to get out of the Sun as I've aged. I've been taking D3 since 2006 when I found how LOW I was thru labs. Now there is this noise about D3 and rat poison.

WIsh this were an active group.
I think this group will become more active. It appears that the recent software change they did increased the visibility of the site. Before this change, the site almost has died. I think you'll see an increase in activity over the next few months. Already it's been picking up a bit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
One of my very first health forums was a thyroid group, realthyroidhelp.com but it closed down, it was great and I really needed that support back then. I did join another thyroid group and it's mostly UK people, so not that good for me. I hope this one picks up. I'll do my part but that's all I can do.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Be careful of Facebook groups on thyroid. They are a wild wild west. Personally I think they are a detriment to people needing help. Some are better than others. But some are cult like and pretty crazy. I've seen really bad advice given on those and some have 90K users in the group. It's just too much and the moderators are not very good. Best to find a small group that has like minded people.

·
Super Moderator
6,620 Posts
I'm on a Facebook group and its not actually that "wild" but rather support for those new to the world of partial or total Thyroidectomy.

Certainly it's your job to confirm anything said to you via any web based platform.

·
Registered
29 Posts
There is SO MUCH info out there on Vit D deficiency and I don't need FB to tell me that one. I've been doing my work on this issue since 2006 and not from FB. I'm not clear on what your comment meant Lovlkn.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Think Lovlkn was just saying she's part of a good support group for people with a partial or full thyroidectomy.

I was just warning about many of the larger hashimotos groups. Trust me they are pretty crazy. Partially because there are way too many folks in them. And you get 40,000 opinions. But many I find don't provide very good advice. Just be careful to anyone checking those out.

·
Super Moderator
6,620 Posts
I'm on a Thyroidectomy FB group that gives very accurate advice to posters so I'm a bit confused by your comment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts