Thyroid Disease Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm due to refill my script for NDT and NP just does not do it and I may have to get it again as my Pendulum tells me NT is not available yet. Anyone have any info on this?

·
Registered
328 Posts
My understanding, at least from 4-6 months ago (I don't follow thyroid stuff online as much as I did), is that Armour is the best version of NDT and all other brands or generics had issues. So it's been a tough time for NDT in recent years. But last time I heard about it Armour was best.

As for Naturethroid availability I don't know.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My understanding, at least from 4-6 months ago (I don't follow thyroid stuff online as much as I did), is that Armour is the best version of NDT and all other brands or generics had issues. So it's been a tough time for NDT in recent years. But last time I heard about it Armour was best.

As for Naturethroid availability I don't know.
Armour was GREAT for me in 2002 and for some yrs but then it changed, new company owners and the PRICE now sky high. My pendulum tells me NO on armour for my body. So I'm not going to Spring for the big bucks for it. Thanks

·
Registered
328 Posts
Armour was GREAT for me in 2002 and for some yrs but then it changed, new company owners and the PRICE now sky high. My pendulum tells me NO on armour for my body. So I'm not going to Spring for the big bucks for it. Thanks

Looks like it's not there yet. Tough time for NDT for sure.

Because of all the issues I've seen over the years I would probably just add some T3 to my Synthroid. Currently I'm still T4 only. Doing fairly well after getting on the right dose, but may not be as optimal as I could be if I had a bit of T3. That being said, I'm doing good enough I don't really want to chance it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
That website says you can get it from compounding pharmacies. And it has some links for finding one of them. I know a good amount of people use compounding pharmacies...kind of freaks me out a bit personally. But I'm a very cautious thyroid patient.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts